Nutella Berry Croissants
Looking for a fun new breakfast recipe or maybe even an afternoon snack? These Nutella Berry Croissants are toasted, have a slathering of both cream cheese and Nutella, packed full of fresh berries, and topped with toasted coconut.
Get ready for your new favorite breakfast treat. Heck, don’t discriminate you can always make these Nutella Berry Croissants for an afternoon snack. I probably buy a package of croissants from Costco at least once a month. It’s part of our breakfast rotation (well part of my husbands breakfast rotation–I try to refrain from eating all of them). How can you resist a dozen large croissants for just $5? I can’t!
I’ll typically make egg breakfast sandwiches with the croissants or put a few chocolate chips on them and toast them to make a delicious chocolate croissant. However, I got the idea to smother a perfectly good croissant with a mixture of whipped cream cheese and Nutella. Then I topped each croissant half with a handful of fresh berries and then topped with toasted coconut. I know what your thinking… this is outrageous. Yes, it is and so damn delicious. (Excuse my language, but it just is).
So there you have it. You can thank me once you make these. Your world will be rocked. The best of both worlds all in one single bite; buttery croissant, cream cheese, Nutella, fresh berries, and toasted coconut. I like the contrast of textures in this croissant too. I rarely ever use toasted coconut and since making these Nutella Berry Croissants (a few handful of times) I’m now starting to incorporate toasted coconut in more recipes.
Nutella Berry Croissants
These Nutella Berry Croissants are toasted, have a slathering of both cream cheese and Nutella, packed full of fresh berries, and topped with toasted coconut. Perfect for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Croissants, halved
- 1/4 cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup Mixed Berries
- 1/4 cup Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Slice the two croissants in half and lightly toast.
- While the croissants are toasting, toast the shredded coconut. Place shredded coconut in a small frying pan and toast on high for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Make sure to continue to move the shredded coconut around with a spatula so it doesn't burn.
- Once the croissants are toasted, divide the whipped cream cheese among the four slices. Repeat with the Nutella. Then top each croissant with 1/4 cup of fresh berries. Sprinkle toasted shredded coconut on top of each croissant half and enjoy!
Katie Original Recipe