Smoked Tequila Lime Beer Can Chicken

This recipe is brought to you by Cost Plus World Market. As always all opinions are my own.

Smoked Tequila Lime Beer Can Chicken #WorldMarketTribe

I told you we like to grill a lot in the summer and it’s my goal to share a lot of grilling recipes with you this summer. I use to be terrified to grill and then I just started doing it more. And little by little my confidence grew into the grilling depart. I never call on my husband any more to “do the grilling”. It’s all me. It’s my grill. One of the first recipes I learned on the grill was beer can chicken. You use a beer can rack and place a can of beer in the chickens cavity. The liquid from the beer keeps the chicken super moist. It’s one of my favorite methods for cooking a whole chicken. It’s a fool proof way of making sure you have moist chicken.

You’ll only need 5 ingredients to make this Smoked Tequila Lime Beer Can Chicken. It’s that easy. What completes this chicken is the S&F Tequila Lime sauce and the mesquite smoke in a cup. No need to put tons of wood chips in your grill. They sell this awesome product called smoke in a cup. It lasts for almost an hour giving your chicken just the perfect amount of smokiness. I’m kind of in love with this smoke in a cup and find myself “smoking” all the food I grill now!

Smoked Tequila Lime Beer Can Chicken #WorldMarketTribe

You’ll want to marinate the whole chicken for at least 30 minutes. Then it’s time to prep the grill. Place the smoke in the cup underneath the grill grates on the opposite side you plan to place the chicken. Place the beer in the beer can chicken roaster and then place the chicken over the roaster. Transfer to the grill and cook for 1.5-2 hours until the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it’s done carefully remove it off the grill. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes. Slice it into 6 parts. Then baste with additional sauce. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over it and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy immediately! The sauce has the perfect amount of heat. The night I made Smoked Tequila Lime Beer Can Chicken I served it with brown rice and grilled asparagus. It was so good! Between 3 of us we ate the entire chicken!

I’m sharing this recipe on the World Market blog today. Click HERE to get the full recipe!

Product shown in pictures: Smoke in a Cup for Barbecue – Mesquite Wood, World Market Beer Can Chicken Roaster Stand, S&F Tequila Lime Sauce, Aqua Ikat Bungalow Napkin, Kiwi Green Round Braided Placemat, Raw Edge Cutting Board

14 Responses to “Smoked Tequila Lime Beer Can Chicken”

1. Nutmeg Nanny posted on July 2, 2015 at 8:45 am (#)

I LOVE grilling. In fact I’m pretty sure my husband has never even grilled on our grill…haha. We made a total role reversal in that department 🙂 I have actually never made beer can chicken but you have me craving it now! This dish looks so goooooood!

• Katie replied on July 4th, 2015 at 8:06 am

That’s funny, Brandy. The only way my husband knew how to cook was on the grill. Now I’ve taken that away from him too! Although sometimes he helps! Seriously, you’ll love beer can chicken and never want to cook a whole chicken on the grill any other way again!

2. Susan posted on July 2, 2015 at 1:33 pm (#)

This chicken looks incredible! Perfect crisp, charred grill skin! That’s the best part in my opinion!

• Katie replied on July 4th, 2015 at 8:05 am

Susan, the skin was sooooo good!

3. Brenda@Sugar-Free Mom posted on July 2, 2015 at 4:48 pm (#)

The name alone makes me want to make this awesome looking chicken!

• Katie replied on July 4th, 2015 at 8:04 am

Thanks Brenda!

4. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes posted on July 3, 2015 at 12:54 am (#)

I’ve seen beer can chicken recipes here and there and have always wanted to try it! I am afraid of grilling but need to get over my fear like you did 🙂

• Katie replied on July 4th, 2015 at 8:04 am

Ashley, I use to be like you and I was super scared of the grill. I finally tackled it head on and now I can’t imagine cooking any other way. Beer can chicken is actually the first recipe I tackled to learn. It’s super easy and very hard to dry out the chicken! The key to cooking on the grill is having a meat thermometer and closely monitoring the internal temperature. Over time you won’t have to monitor as much.

5. Kim Beaulieu posted on July 3, 2015 at 12:56 am (#)

I grill every day, even in winter, so I’m all over this. It’s beautiful. Such gorgeous photos.

I went to Cost Plus World Market for the first time last year while I was at a conference. It was like stepping onto my home planet. Not even kidding. I was in there for hours, and hours, and hours. It’s my favourite place in the world now.

• Katie replied on July 4th, 2015 at 8:02 am

Kim! I’m the same way except my weather here is much much warmer than yours! 😉 Love beer can chicken!!! The closest World Market to me is 45 minutes away and when I go I make a half day of it. I always spend at least 2 hours in the store… browsing aisle by aisle! Hopefully they will open some in Canada by you!

6. Angie | Big Bear's Wife posted on July 5, 2015 at 8:52 pm (#)

Beer can chicken is on my bucket list!  I’ve always loved the idea of it but I’ve never taken the time to make it! My chicken never comes out this beautiful when I just grill it so I have a feeling that were totally using your recipe next time we grill out! And world market.. oh my gosh, you have no idea now much I love it! My closest is like and hour and so away but I could literally spend all day in there!

7. Colleen (Souffle Bombay) posted on July 6, 2015 at 10:25 am (#)

Awww man does this ever look delicious!  I am a grill girl and this recipe is for me!  Bonus that it’s just 5 ingredients!

• Katie replied on July 7th, 2015 at 2:27 pm