Game Time Meal Planning Essentials
This post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® #KHGameTime. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Football season is here and today I’m here to share with you a few of my game time meal planning essentials to allow you to spend more time watching the game and less time in the kitchen. I’m going to admit I’ve never ever tailgated before. And yet I love football. But we always watch football at home which allows us to entertain in the comforts of our own home. I like to call that home-gating! So my tips are all based around home-gating.
Like any good party, there are a few items you need to make it a success. I love creating food bars when I entertain for anything. KING’S HAWAIIAN® buns and rolls, are found at your local Walmart and are perfect for game day meals. Below you’ll find my list of game time entertaining essentials plus food ideas that will help you prepare for game time meal planning.
Here are a few of my game time meal planning tips when hosting a football party of your own:
- Shop the day before or even a few days before for paper goods plus food. Don’t forget KING’S HAWAIIAN® buns and rolls! Don’t let them sit on the sidelines – they’re the most irresistible part of game yime!
- Create a simple tablescape by decorating in your favorite teams colors.
- Ramp up the decor by adding a little AstroTurf to the table top vs a tablecloth! Use white re-positionable tape to make field lines.
- Don’t spend the entire game in the kitchen. Ask your guest to bring their favorite game-day snack.
- Set-up a food bar of sorts that your guest can customize their snack to their liking.
- Pizza/Flatbread bar: provide mini pizza crust or flatbreads and have a wide variety of toppings. Have the grill preheated and throw them on the grill for a few minutes (or in the oven)
- Chili Dog Bar: make a big pot of chili, grill hot dogs, and have toppings to go on the dogs! Don’t forget the KING’S HAWAIIAN® hotdog buns
- Wing bar: bake plain wings and have a few different toppings and seasonings for your guest to toss the wings in
- Taco bar: make a big pot of slow cooker shredded chicken and have all the toppings out. Don’t forget to have both hard shell and soft shell tacos on hand
- Slider Bar: Grill or fry burgers and chicken patties, lay out an assortment of toppings and KING’S HAWAIIAN® buns
- Popcorn bar: make plain popcorn and provide a few different seasonings
- Nacho bar: you can combine this with the chili or taco bar idea. The sky is the limit and let’s face it everyone loves a good plate of loaded nachos!
I hope with a few of my tips and with KING’S HAWAIIAN® buns and rolls that your game day will be that much tastier. Next week, I’ll be sharing my recipe for these Buffalo Chicken Burgers (pictured above) that are out of this world and perfect for game day! My husband went nuts over them–they will definitely be making another appearance at my next football party!
Pin with me on Pinterest:
For more recipes check out King’s Hawaiian recipes here!
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74