Sausage and Artichoke Pasta Bake
Make this delicious recipe for Sausage and Artichoke Pasta Bake in just 30 minutes!
Colder weather makes me want comfort food. And comfort food doesn’t always have to take hours to cook. Life can get chaotic but dinner time does not have to be just that. One of my favorite comfort foods is an old fashion pasta bake. The sky is the limit as far as what you can put in them.
I love the new Bertolli® Riserva Asiago Cheese & Artichokes. This sauce gives you all the great cheesy flavor without having to load the pasta up with a bunch of cheese. In celebration with Bertolli’s 150th anniversary they are sharing 150 ways to bring Tuscany to your table! I’ve been to Tuscany and it’s absolutely breath taking and so is the food! I love all the tips they give and recipes, too!
Let’s talk about this Sausage and Artichoke Pasta Bake. To make this a heartier pasta bake I added cooked ground Italian Sausage to the pasta. And to play on the artichoke hearts that are already present in the sauce I used a can of artichoke hearts in water. A simple saute to cook the sausage is all you need to do and once the sausage is cooked I added in the artichoke hearts and some sauce.
I consider this Sausage and Artichoke Pasta Bake a pantry pasta bake. All of the items can be stored in your pantry and in your refrigerator/freezer. This is an ideal meal to make on the fly, during life’s chaotic times, and best of all with just a little prep you will have dinner put together in less than 40 minutes! A big plus for busy nights. And then you can enjoy dinner and time with your family–which is the most important time of the day.
Even better you could make this pasta bake the night before and then after a busy day you just pop it in the oven. I would place a little aluminum foil on top and bake it an additional 15-20 minutes to make sure the middle is heated through. This makes a good 6-8 servings and is perfect to eat the next day for lunch!
Make sure you visit the Bertolli website for a $1.50 coupon for Bertolli® pasta sauce and over 100 authentic Italian tips which are cornerstones of many Italian traditions that we enjoy today. And follow along on Facebook and the Bertolli blog!
Sausage and Artichoke Pasta Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb. rotini pasta
- 1 lb. ground Mild Italian Sausage
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 24 oz. jar of Bertolli Riserva Asiago Cheese & Artichokes
- 1 14 oz. can of quartered artichokes in water
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven preheats, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt then add in the rotini pasta once the water is boiling. Cook for 8 minutes then drain and set to the side.
- While the pasta boils cook the ground Italian sausage in a large skillet, browning and breaking up until fully cooked.
- Spray a large baking dish with olive oil spray. Then add in one cup of the sauce to the bottom of the dish. Add in half the pasta, half the cooked Italian sausage and half the artichoke hearts. Pour half the jar of sauce on top and mix until incorporated. Once it's incorporated then add in the remainder of the pasta, Italian sausage, artichoke hearts and sauce. Mix well until fully mixed then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly brown. Remove from the oven, divide among plates and enjoy immediately.
Katie Original Recipe