Guacamole Shrimp Bites
Looking for an easy appetizer for entertain with? Try my simple recipe for Guacamole Shrimp Bites–the perfect one-bite appetizer!
I’m so excited to share my super simple easy entertaining appetizer recipe today for my dear sweet friend Lauren’s SURPRISE virtual baby shower! She blog’s over at The Thinking Closet and I’m lucky enough to call her my friend in real life! She is expecting her first child, a baby girl, this June. When I first learned of the virtual baby shower I knew I wanted to make an easy appetizer. When your hosting a party of any sorts, easy and delicious appetizers are key! And these Guacamole Shrimp Bites are the ticket!
My mother in-law makes something very similar and we always devour them. I bought a box of Sabine’s Collections Garlic, Chives and Parsley Crisps from World Market during my last trip and I knew they would make for the perfect base. I used store-bought guacamole (or you can make your own) and spooned just a tiny bit on each crostini round. When I was at the supermarket I purchased cocktail shrimp that had already been cooked for me! Yep–did you know that your seafood counter can cook your shrimp for you? And you can ask them to use seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay Seasoning for flavoring. At least, my seafood counter does this and it’s at no additional charge. It usually takes about 10 minutes. So I’ll put my order in, shop, and then return back to the counter before I’m ready to check out.
I top each of the crostini’s with one large shrimp, sprinkle a little paprika on for taste and color. Then I squeeze a tiny bit of lime juice on each crostini and top each with a small fresh cilantro leaf! That’s it–super super simple. Best of all if you are using a hard crostini cracker like this you can make it up to an hour in advance and it will still stay pretty crisp! Just remember to cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Once your guest arrive, remove the Guacamole Shrimp Bites and let your guest devour them. I typically allocate 3-4 bites per guest. They are a true one-bite appetizer and if you know your going to have very hungry guest you might want to make a double batch! They are pretty addicting. I’ll admit that I polished off 4 with no problems what-so-ever after I was done photographing these.
Guacamole Shrimp Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 24 Crostini
- 4 oz. prepared guacamole
- 24 Large Shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 lime
- Paprika and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place 24 crostini's on a platter, place a small spoonful of prepared guacamole on each crostini.
- Top each crostini with 1 large piece of shrimp. Squeeze lime juice on top of the crostini's sprinkle a little paprika on top and add one fresh cilantro leaf for garnish. Enjoy immediately.
Katie Original Recipe
1. Customizable Baby Shower Invites by Tried & True
2. Baby Nursery Art by One Artsy Mama
3. “It’s a Girl!” Printable Bunting Banner by Just a Girl and Her Blog
4. Baby Shower Decoration Ideas by Southern Couture
1. Onesie Making Station by unOriginal Mom
2. Free Printable Baby Shower Game – Alphabet Cards by Cutesy Crafts
3. Printable Baby Word Search by Simply Kelly Designs
4. Name That Rockin’ Lullaby Baby Shower Game + Free Printable by Where the Smiles Have Been
1. Emergency Diaper Kit with Free Printable by From Wine to Whine
2. DIY No-Sew Baby Headband by Practically Functional
3. Personalized Onesie Tutorial by Ginger Snap Crafts
4. Personalized Onesie Dress by Create & Babble
5. Crochet Scalloped Earflap Hat and Flower by Repeat Crafter Me
6. Starfish Nursery “Love You” in Etched Glass Frame by Whatcha Workin’ On?
7. Knit Bow Baby Headband by It Happens in a Blink
8. Super Sweet Month by Month Baby Stickers by Tori Grant Designs
9. Fearfully and Wonderfully Made Onesie by Sew Woodsy