Guacamole Shrimp Bites

Looking for an easy appetizer for entertain with? Try my simple recipe for Guacamole Shrimp Bites–the perfect one-bite appetizer!

Guacamole Shrimp Bites

I’m so excited to share my super simple easy entertaining appetizer recipe today for my dear sweet friend Lauren’s SURPRISE virtual baby shower! She blog’s over at The Thinking Closet and I’m lucky enough to call her my friend in real life! She is expecting her first child, a baby girl, this June. When I first learned of the virtual baby shower I knew I wanted to make an easy appetizer. When your hosting a party of any sorts, easy and delicious appetizers are key! And these Guacamole Shrimp Bites are the ticket!

Guacamole Shrimp Bites

My mother in-law makes something very similar and we always devour them. I bought a box of Sabine’s Collections Garlic, Chives and Parsley Crisps from World Market during my last trip and I knew they would make for the perfect base. I used store-bought guacamole (or you can make your own) and spooned just a tiny bit on each crostini round. When I was at the supermarket I purchased cocktail shrimp that had already been cooked for me! Yep–did you know that your seafood counter can cook your shrimp for you? And you can ask them to use seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay Seasoning for flavoring. At least, my seafood counter does this and it’s at no additional charge. It usually takes about 10 minutes. So I’ll put my order in, shop, and then return back to the counter before I’m ready to check out.

Guacamole Shrimp Bites

I top each of the crostini’s with one large shrimp, sprinkle a little paprika on for taste and color. Then I squeeze a tiny bit of lime juice on each crostini and top each with a small fresh cilantro leaf! That’s it–super super simple. Best of all if you are using a hard crostini cracker like this you can make it up to an hour in advance and it will still stay pretty crisp! Just remember to cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

Guacamole Shrimp Bites
Once your guest arrive, remove the Guacamole Shrimp Bites and let your guest devour them. I typically allocate 3-4 bites per guest. They are a true one-bite appetizer and if you know your going to have very hungry guest you might want to make a double batch! They are pretty addicting. I’ll admit that I polished off 4 with no problems what-so-ever after I was done photographing these.

Print Recipe

Guacamole Shrimp Bites

Ingredients:

• 24 Crostini
  • 4 oz. prepared guacamole
  • 24 Large Shrimp, cooked and peeled
  • 1/2 lime
  • Paprika and fresh cilantro for garnish

Directions:

1. Place 24 crostini's on a platter, place a small spoonful of prepared guacamole on each crostini.
  2. Top each crostini with 1 large piece of shrimp. Squeeze lime juice on top of the crostini's sprinkle a little paprika on top and add one fresh cilantro leaf for garnish. Enjoy immediately.

virtual baby shower invite for Lauren from The Thinking Closet

1. Chai Latte Cupcakes with Cupcake Toppers by Two Purple Couches
2. Guacamole Shrimp Bites from Katie’s Cucina

1. Customizable Baby Shower Invites by Tried & True
2. Baby Nursery Art by One Artsy Mama
3. “It’s a Girl!” Printable Bunting Banner by Just a Girl and Her Blog
4. Baby Shower Decoration Ideas by Southern Couture

1. Onesie Making Station by unOriginal Mom
2. Free Printable Baby Shower Game – Alphabet Cards by Cutesy Crafts
3. Printable Baby Word Search by Simply Kelly Designs
4. Name That Rockin’ Lullaby Baby Shower Game + Free Printable by Where the Smiles Have Been

1. Emergency Diaper Kit with Free Printable by From Wine to Whine
2. DIY No-Sew Baby Headband by Practically Functional
3. Personalized Onesie Tutorial by Ginger Snap Crafts
4. Personalized Onesie Dress by Create & Babble
5. Crochet Scalloped Earflap Hat and Flower by Repeat Crafter Me
6. Starfish Nursery “Love You” in Etched Glass Frame by Whatcha Workin’ On?
7. Knit Bow Baby Headband by It Happens in a Blink
8. Super Sweet Month by Month Baby Stickers by Tori Grant Designs
9. Fearfully and Wonderfully Made Onesie by Sew Woodsy

24 Responses to “Guacamole Shrimp Bites”

1. Amy Latta posted on April 25, 2016 at 10:53 am (#)

Those look SO good! I’d love to sample one! It’s such fun being able to celebrate Lauren.

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:08 am

Thanks Amy!

2. Kelly of Simply Kelly Designs posted on April 25, 2016 at 11:16 am (#)

This recipe looks delicious Katie! I think if I was your guest you would have to allocate more than 3 or 4 for me! 😉

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:08 am

Lol Kelly–so easy to eat more than 3-4! And this is a perfect bunco recipe for you to make!!!

3. Lauren Lanker posted on April 25, 2016 at 12:01 pm (#)

Katie, what a FUN and yummy appetizer treat!  And I love your tip on asking the seafood counter to cook the shrimp for you.  I would have never thought to even ask for that!  You are a font of wisdom in the kitchen and beyonnnnnd, and I’m so utterly blown away by all this love you ladies are sending my way today through this virtual baby shower.  Can’t wait to give you a hug of gratitude in person very soon!  THANK YOU.

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:07 am

Yes–no need to ever boil your own shrimp again if your planning to serve it cold! I’m so glad we were able to surprise you–I remember how much love I felt during my virtual baby shower! I can’t wait to see you soon and hug you and that cute belly of yours in person!

4. Bethany at The Southern Couture posted on April 25, 2016 at 12:18 pm (#)

These look absolutely amazing! I love them. What a wonderful job you have done. They make me want to go home and make some right now to snack on.

I also just love this idea of a virtual baby shower and so happy to be a part of it.

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:06 am

Thanks Bethany!

5. Jennie posted on April 25, 2016 at 7:47 pm (#)

These look so delicious! I had no idea you could have the seafood counter cook your shrimp for you. !! That’s so cool. 🙂 It’s been fun to hop around and read all of these sweet posts for Lauren today. She’s the best! 🙂

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:05 am

Jennie–yes, the next time you grocery shop go ask your seafood counter. Most will cook the shrimp for you and for free!

6. Jessi @ Practically Functional posted on April 25, 2016 at 8:29 pm (#)

Oh wow, these look fabulous Katie! Perfect party food, pinning this for sure!

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:09 am

Thanks Jessi!

7. Emily posted on April 26, 2016 at 5:41 pm (#)

Katie, these sound incredible! Shrimp and guacamole are two of my favorite things… so I could probably devour a whole batch myself 😛

• Katie replied on April 27th, 2016 at 7:04 am

Emily–it’s so easy to devour at least a half dozen on your own! They are addicting!

8. Meredith LeRoy posted on May 3, 2016 at 2:42 pm (#)

Ok, not only do these sound delicious, these photos are AMAZING!! Pinning for sure. Thanks so much for participating in our little baby shower!

• Katie replied on May 9th, 2016 at 7:58 am

Thanks Meredith! So easy to make! Thanks for including me in the fun!

1. Pingback: DIY No Sew Baby Flower Headbands || Practically Functional

2. Pingback: Super Sweet Month By Month Baby Stickers | Tori Grant Designs

3. Pingback: OH SH!T Emergency Diaper Kit and FREE Printable

4. Pingback: Chai Latte Cupcakes and a Virtual Baby Shower | two purple couches

5. Pingback: Baby Shower Game Free Printable: Name That Rockin' Lullaby!

6. Pingback: Starfish Nursery “Love You” in Etched Glass Frame | Whatcha Workin' On?

7. Pingback: 100+ Super Game Day Snacks | A Night Owl Blog