Vegetable Faux Phö
Looking to switch up your lunch routine? Try my easy recipe for Vegetable Faux Phö–just place the ingredients in a glass container, store, then pour hot water on top when your ready to eat!
Get ready to make over your boring lunch! I’ve been making this Vegetable faux phö soup for lunch for the past six months. I first came up with the recipe after browsing the aisles of World Market. I never intended to share this recipe but after sharing a photo of it on Snapchat a few weeks ago I had multiple request for the recipe! Speaking of… Are you on Snapchat? I know I’m wayyy late joining the bandwagon but I’m slowly wrapping my head around it and I hate to admit it that I’m actually enjoying it! Follow me @KatiesCucina to get behind the scenes of my daily life; cooking, family, and adventures!
Ok, so let’s talk about the Vegetable Faux Phö. You need a good glass container for this recipe. I recommend the OXO Snapware.
You’ll layer all the ingredients in the glass jar and then if your packing this for lunch you seal the glass container with the top and then place it in the refrigerator.
The next day, you take the container out when your ready to eat and pour 2 cups of hot water over the noodles and veggies. In less than one minute, your lunch is ready. Better then any cup o’noodle I’ve ever had. Full of fresh crunchy veggies, rice noodles, and a hint of lime with a layer of spicy if you add in the sriracha.
I will be honest though, since I don’t work at a corporate job any more I don’t have to worry about packing lunch. Since I’m home most days I find myself having a hard time mustering the energy to make myself something.
I mean, just look at all those fresh veggies. Doesn’t it just make your mouth water? It does mine at least.
My 10 minute Vegetable Faux Phö has been a life saver for me, and it keeps me pretty full until I’m ready for a 3:00 snack! Whenever I’m craving a fresh lunch I make this soup. So if you stay at home or if you work outside the home and want to change up your lunch routine–give my recipe for Vegetable Faux Phö soup a try!
Vegetable Faux Phö
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 11 minutes
- 2 phö liquid beef broth concentrate (or 1 tablespoon beef base)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 bundle rice noodles
- 2 cups hot water
- Sriracha sauce for topping
- In a large glass bowl (such as the OXO Snapware), layer the beef base, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, red bell pepper, fresh cilantro and green onions. Squeeze lime juice on top and place one bundle of rice noodles on top. (If packing for lunch place lid on top, store in refrigerator, and wait to eat later).
- Pour hot water on top of noodles, and set to the side for one minute. Give the noodle bowl a good stir and top with sriracha sauce. Enjoy immediately.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74