Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken #SundaySupper #FLStrawberry
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Spice up your basic grilled chicken with a strawberry caprese salad on top. Top with a drizzle of balsamic reduction to make this Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken complete!
It’s January and like most people you are trying to eat better. Today, I’ve partnered with Florida Strawberries to share a healthier dinner option for you. I introduce to you my Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken. I wasn’t sure if my husband was going to go for fruit with his chicken but after his first bite he was gobbling it up. He loved it and actually went for seconds and even thirds of the strawberry mozzarella topping. Who knew pairing chicken with strawberries would taste so good?
Now, I know what most of you in the United States (and even around the world) might be thinking… it’s January and it’s freezing out! Who in the heck is grilling and where are you finding strawberries? Did you know that Florida Strawberries are in stores ALL winter long from November through April each year! That’s right… when you go to the grocery store your going to see beautiful plump red strawberries grown right here in Florida. I’m a Floridian and I’m one of the lucky ones who can grill ALL YEAR ROUND. Trust me… right about now at 35 weeks pregnant I wish I was enjoying some cold weather. Instead I’m sweating and sweating while grilling.
So if your not lucky like me to live in warmer weather to be able to grill–you can always grill your chicken on an indoor grill or even a grill pan on your stove top! No sweat–either way works. The most important thing is to grab the strawberries and make the strawberry mozzarella topping. That’s what is the true start of this meal.
Select fresh Florida strawberries not only for their delicious taste but for the nutritional benefits they offer you and your family. Think about it, just eight medium strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange. So just think, your getting a nice little immunity booster while you eat dinner!
Strawberries are virtually fat free, contain no cholesterol and are an excellent source of folic acid that helps the body metabolize protein. They are a good source of potassium too. I found that drizzling on a little balsamic reduction sauce on top of the strawberry mozzarella topping added the perfect extra zing to the dish! Balsamic vinegar compliments strawberries very well! Did you know that research by the USDA indicates that strawberries may help fight cancer, heart disease and other ills? They are low in calories (about 45 per serving) and high in ellagic acid, which is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. A serving size of strawberries is one cup.
So if your trying to eat a little healthier this new year and want to switch up your dinner time routine… run (don’t walk) and grab some strawberries fresh from Florida and make my Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken. And remember if you don’t see Florida Strawberries in your store you can ask your produce or store manager to carry Florida Strawberries!
Oh and make sure to enter the #FLStrawberryCap Contest – Just post a picture via social media with the #FLStrawberryCap hashtag to get a free Florida Strawberry Cap! You’ll be entered to win a trip to the TradeWinds Island Resort in St. Pete Beach (it’s where I’m staying right now–and it’s absolutely beautiful)! ((Here are the Official Rules)). Good luck!
Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 pint Strawberries, stems removed and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- balsamic reduction for topping
- Preheat the grill on high heat.
- While the grill heats, rinse and pat dry the chicken breast. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil on top and season with McCormick Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Set to the side.
- Rinse, slice stems, and dice strawberries. Place in a bowl. Then add dice the fresh mozzarella cheese and chiffonade the basil leaves. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top and mix well. Place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Reduce the heat on the grill to low; grill chicken for 15 minutes, turning once until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes.
- Place chicken on a platter. Top with strawberry mozzarella topping and drizzle balsamic reduction over strawberries and chicken. Enjoy immediately.
You will have some strawberry mozzarella topping leftover. Divide evenly among plates.
Katie Original Recipe
Check out all of these other amazing Strawberry inspired healthy meal options!
- Balsamic & Brown Sugar Strawberry Canapés by My Sweet Zepol
- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Foccaccio by Healing Tomato
- Strawberry Avocado Crostini by Beauty and the Beets
- Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips by Meghan On The Move
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic and Mint by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Strawberry Sauce by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Katie’s Cucina
- Strawberry Pesto Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Family Around The Table
- Lightened-Up Strawberry Mille-Feuille by Girl Abroad
- Roasted Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberries Romanoff by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.