Greek Shrimp Pasta for Two #ReadyPasta
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadyPasta #CollectiveBias
Get ready for your new go-to quick and healthy lunch (or even dinner). My husband and I are in love with my most recent recipe for Greek Shrimp Pasta for Two. It’s the perfect amount for two people, made in one pot, and in 10 minutes time. Talk about the perfect trifecta. Of course, this is all made possible thanks to my new favorite go-to pasta, Barilla Ready Pasta. Perfect al dente pasta ready in just 60 seconds time. There’s no need for boiling water or draining; all that is needed is a microwave. You can also throw it in a skillet for a few minutes too, but for this recipe I opted for the microwave.
Putting together this recipe is easy and best of all–I always have all the ingredients on hand whether it’s in my pantry, refrigerator, or freezer. I always keep a bag of shrimp in my freezers. When I’m in a pinch and don’t feel like cooking I know I have shrimp that I can quickly defrost and cook into so many different versatile dishes. Grape tomatoes and fresh spinach are always in my refrigerator as well as kalmata olives (well a wide-variety if I’m being honest because my house loves olives). I grow most of my own herbs, and fresh dill is almost in my garden year-round. But if you don’t have fresh dill on hand you can use the dried variety (just cut the measurement in half because remember, that dried is much more potent then fresh)!
Let’s talk about the cooking process. You’ll want to defrost the shrimp ahead of time or buy fresh (not frozen) shrimp that will easily cook up). I also recommend you buy the peeled and deveined shrimp to cut down on prep time. I like to do all my prep work prior to cooking this recipe because it cooks very quickly. I slice the grape tomatoes, and chop the spinach a head of time. I also have my olives per-portioned out as well as dill chopped and the lemon zested. I toast the pine nuts prior to cooking the shrimp. That’s key and you’ll want to save those on the side for topping (or you can mix in–it’s totally up to you).
While the shrimp and tomatoes cook I cook the Barilla Ready Pasta in the microwave. Then once it’s ready I added in the spinach, olives, lemon zest and pasta. Give it a good mix then squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle in the dill. I mix and then divide evenly among two bowls. Top each bowl with pine nuts and a little sprinkle of feta. If your making this meal dairy free you can omit the feta. Feta is another ingredient I always have on hand.
Easy as that you have the most delicious bowl of pasta in minutes. My husband and I both love this meal. It’s fresh and refreshing and is the perfect portion without any leftovers. As you know, I typically love leftovers; however, some weeks my refrigerator is inundated with leftovers and I just want a meal that isn’t going to produce even more leftovers.
So you might be wondering… where can you find this amazing magical pasta that puts meal time at ease?!?! The Barilla Ready Pasta is available at Target Superstores and has four varieties of pasta cuts that can be found in the pasta aisle: Barilla Ready Pasta Penne, Barilla Ready Pasta Elbows, Barilla Ready Pasta Gemelli, and Barilla Ready Pasta Rotini.
You can currently save 10% off Barilla Ready Pasta via Cartwheel from now until September 14, 2017. Make sure you check out this video for Barilla Ready Pasta. So run, don’t walk and pick up some Ready Pasta and then make a batch of my Greek Shrimp Pasta for two!
Greek Shrimp Pasta for Two
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 10oz. package of Barilla Ready Pasta Penne
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sliced kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese, divided (optional)
- In a skillet toast the pine nuts on high heat for 1 minute. Stir continuously to prevent burning. Place the toasted pine nuts in a bowl to the side and return the skillet to the heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and pour olive oil in the skillet and add in the garlic and shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper. Mix and then add in the grape tomatoes. Place the lid on the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- While the shrimp and tomatoes cook heat the Barilla Ready Pasta Penne in the microwave for 60 seconds. *Make sure you break up the pasta with your fingers before microwaving. This will help ensure it heats through evenly.
- Stir the shrimp and tomatoes and then add in the fresh spinach, penne pasta, zest and juice of half of a lemon and the kalamata olives. Mix well and sprinkle in the fresh dill into the skillet. Divide evenly among two plates and top with toasted pine nuts and Feta cheese. Enjoy immediately.
*To reduce prep time I like to use already minced garlic (in the frozen form or in a jar that is stored in the refrigerator).
**If your making this dairy free, omit the Feta cheese.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74