Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
When is Florida strawberry season?
Fresh From Florida strawberries are now in season in Florida! The season starts in December and runs until April. You’ll know you have Florida Strawberries when you see the Fresh From Florida seal on the label (as pictured above). Make sure you Follow Fresh from Florida on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and check out their Florida Strawberry recipes.
What bread is best for stuffed French toast?
How do you make Strawberry Compote?
How do you make stuffed French toast?
Whether you’re just cooking your family a Sunday breakfast, entertaining friends and family for brunch, or maybe you’re making breakfast for dinner my recipe for strawberry cream cheese stuffed French toast is sure to be a hit.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French toast
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
For the Strawberry Compote:
- 2 pint of strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
For the cream cheese filling:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons strawberry purée (or finely minced)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the French Toast:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup strawberry purée
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Strawberry Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Wash and slice tops off of 1 pint of strawberries. Roughly chop and place in a large sauce pan with granulated sugar. Place burner on high for 2-3 minutes, mix well then reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer and stir frequently for 15 minutes. Once the strawberries have formed a sauce and reduced down, remove from the heat and set to the side.
- Add 1/2 cup of strawberries (cleaned and stems removed) to a blender and blend until roughly pureed. Set to the side. Rinse and set to the side the remaining strawberries to serve with breakfast.
- To make the cream cheese filling: Using a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Once combined add in the finely minced strawberries. Mix well then place in refrigerator.
- Once you have both the strawberry compote, pureed strawberries, and cream cheese filling made it’s time to make the stuffed French toast.
- Cut 1-1/2 inch pieces from a loaf of French Bread (you should have about 12 slices). Then, using a sharp pairing or bread knife cut a slit half way through the bread (about 2-inches wide). Repeat until you've done this with all the bread.
- Take a teaspoon of cream cheese filling and stuff inside the sliced bread. Repeat until all the pieces are filled.
- Heat a flat skillet on medium heat. Place about 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the pan. While the pan heats up mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and the remaining strawberry puree in a shallow dish.
- Dip 1 slice at a time in the mixture coating each side of the bread. Then place in the frying pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Once brown on both sides, flip to standing position where the seam of the cream cheese is. Frying for an additional minute. Remove from the pan and serve immediately or place on a baking sheet and stick the stuffed french toast in the oven on low until all 12 pieces are done cooking. Repeat until all slices are cooked.
- Top each slice with powder sugar, strawberry butter, strawberry compote, and whipped cream as well as the remaining fresh Florida strawberries.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74