Enjoy a quick dinner in just 20 minutes with my delicious and easy recipe for White Bean Chicken Chili.
The temperatures are starting to get a little cooler and that means it’s time for soups, stews, and chili to start making more of a regular appearance on the weekly menu. Today, I want you to cozy up to a big bowl of white bean chicken chili. The best part–it will be on your table within 20 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly. No need to spend hours cooking this chili. The flavors are awesome with this quick cooking chili and with doing a little prep at the beginning before your ready to cook you’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
The key to the quick cooking chicken chili is using leftover rotisserie chicken. You can shred it or chop it–whatever your preference is. You’ll saute an onion, poblano pepper and garlic until they are soft then in a little bit of the chicken stock. This is one of those recipes where it’s best to prep before you cook. While the onions, peppers and garlic cook rinse and drain the beans and chop the chicken. Add the beans, chicken, frozen corn kernels, lime juice, the remaining chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the pot. Mix well, place the lid on the pot and cook on medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before your ready to serve you’ll mix in the fresh cilantro. Divide among a few bowls and dollop with a little plain Greek yogurt and a little more fresh cilantro.
Everyone in my house loves my 20 minute White Bean Chicken Chili. Even my picky toddler which is a big win in my book. If I’m in a rush or just don’t feel like cooking dinner I almost always turn to this chili. I serve it with a side salad or flatbread pizza and I almost always have cornbread muffins on hand. If your looking for a quick and delicious recipe try this recipe for 20 minute White Bean Chicken Chili.
20 minute White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ½ white onion chopped
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 15.5 oz cans Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro minced
- Plain Greek Yogurt for garnish
- In a large sauce pan place grape seed oil in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat. Then add the onion, poblano pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, mixing often. Then add 1 cup chicken stock, mix well, and place the lid on the pot. Cook for 3 minutes.
- While the onions, peppers and garlic cook rinse and drain the beans and chop the chicken. Add the beans, chicken, frozen corn kernels, 1 lime juiced, 2 cups chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, and salt to the pot. Mix well, place the lid on the pot and cook on medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in fresh cilantro before serving. Divide white chicken chili between 4 bowls. Top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy immediately.