Add even more flavor to the classic buffalo chicken dip recipe with bacon and chives! Your friends and family will love this easy recipe for Bacon & Chive Buffalo Chicken Dip.
The big game is this weekend! Did your team make it? Mine didn’t–sadly. So I know we will be doing more eating then anything else this Sunday. My husband and I LOVE buffalo chicken dip. I recently made a batch while we watched football playoffs a few weeks ago. Earlier that morning, I had baked up a few pans of bacon and got really crazy and added in lots of cooked bacon and fresh chives into our buffalo chicken dip. It was magical which is why I felt the need to share this recipe with the world today.
I mean who could resist the already irresistible buffalo chicken dip? Last month, I shared a skinny version and years ago I shared my traditional recipe for buffalo chicken dip (the photos are HORRIBLE don’t mind them). So you can make either version and then add in the chopped cooked bacon and chives. I used 10 strips of chopped bacon, but you could use as little as 6. I also used fresh bacon–not a bag of bacon bits.
I’m sure if you are short on time you could sub out pre-packaged bacon bits but not sure it will yield the same great flavor. I haven’t tried it, but I would heat a saute pan and toast the pre-packaged bacon bits a little. I think it would help really bring out the flavors. But that’s just a thought on my end (no testing ever done with this recipe and using prepackaged). The dip is on the spicier side. My toddler gave the dip a try but proclaimed it was too spicy. He use to be able to handle the heat–so his taste-buds have definitely changed.
We prefer to eat the dip with tortilla chips with the dip; however, I try to be “good” and alternate between celery sticks. If your entertaining for the big game or simply love bacon and buffalo chicken dip then I highly suggest you give this mix of both worlds a try. I think your friends and family will think you are genius (and you can totally take credit for coming up with the combo)!
Bacon & Chive Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. block of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese +additional cheese to sprinkle on top
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 10 strips cooked bacon crumbled and divided
- 1/4 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment place the softened cream cheese in the bowl, and beat on low until whipped and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Once the cream cheese is fluffy add the sour cream, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, parsley, onion flakes, fresh chives, shredded chicken, most of the crumbled bacon (about 8-9 strips), and buffalo sauce. Beat for a minute on medium-low until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spay a baking dish with Pam cooking spray. Then, carefully scoop out the buffalo chicken mixture into the bowl. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon on top of the dip. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot immediately with tortilla chips and celery sticks.