Thank you Sabra for sponsoring today’s recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
How to make Bacon, Egg, and Caramelized Onion Hummus Toast
How to make a hummus toast bar.
Bacon, Egg, and Caramelized Onion Hummus Toast
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 4 slices of whole wheat oat toast
- 1/2 cup Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus divided
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup arugula divided
- 4 eggs
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat on medium heat. Add the grape seed oil to the pan and the thinly sliced onions. Place a lid on the pan and let the onions cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan, mix, and place lid back on to simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Mix periodically and once the onions start to turn caramel in color add in the butter. Mix in and turn off the heat. Once the butter is melted place the onions in a bowl and set to the side.
- Return the pan to the stove and cook the bacon until crispy and brown in color (about 6 minutes each side). Remove bacon and place on a paper towel to drain. Keep the pan to cook the eggs.
- Toast the whole grain oat bread until golden in color. Then smear 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Hummus on to each slice of toast. Then too evenly with the caramelized onions, 2 strips of bacon on each toast, and a few pieces of arugula.
- Next, cook the eggs one at a time until over-easy. Carefully, transfer each egg on to a slice of hummus toast. Repeat until all eggs are cooked. Garnish with cracked pepper and enjoy!