An easy and delicious way to use up leftover pulled barbecue chicken. This makes the perfect quick lunch or dinner.
Last week I shared my barbecue pulled chicken sandwiches. Today, I’m sharing a fun and delicious way to use up those leftovers. These Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the ticket. Loaded with barbecue pulled chicken, barbecue sauce, chopped bacon, green onions, and horseradish cheddar cheese. They are so good and make for a perfect quick lunch or dinner.
I ate these for lunch a few days in a row. Super easy to put together even when you have a toddler tugging on your leg. And speaking of said toddler, he loved these too. Of course I chopped up the loaded Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes into bite-size pieces for him. He couldn’t get enough of it. His eyes would light up each time he took a bite. I love when I can tell he really loves what I made him for lunch/dinner.
Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked pulled barbecue chicken
- 1/2 cup Cabot Horseradish Cheddar shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 2 cooked bacon strips chopped
- Additional barbecue sauce if desired
- Cook the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes covered with a moist paper towel in the mircowave. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked reheat the pulled barbecue chicken.
- Carefully open the sweet potatoes using the tines of a fork. Fluff sweet potatoes and divde the pulled barbecue chicken. Add addtional barbecue sauce to the chicken if desired. Then, top each sweet potatoe with Cabot Horseradish cheddar, green onions, and chopped bacon. Enjoy immediately.