Happy National Rice Krispies Treats Day!
Yep, I know what you are thinking… there is a celebration for that too? Yes, and do you know what you do during this coveted day in the world of sweets? Make Rice Krispies treats and eat tons of them! Like, gorge yourself until you can no longer eat a single rice krispies treat!
I love carrot cake and have been dreaming up this recipe for quite a while. I knew I could make it work, and after a little investigating and realize that there was not one carrot cake rice krispies treat on the internet I knew I needed to create these. I kind of have a love affair with cream cheese frosting, and well…. why not top these already decadent rice krispies treats with cream cheese and a few chopped nuts for good measure?
Today is also a super special day… I’m making an appearance on The Daily Buzz for National Rice Krispies Treats Day. I’ll be introducing the nation to these beauties along with my Mint Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treats, Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats and a few other varieties! If you are one of the 170+ stations across the United States I hope you’ll tune in for my segment around 8:30 am.
Inspired by: Runs with Spatulas
Carrot Cake Rice Krispies Treats
- Stove Top
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 10.5 oz. Bag of Marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Carrot Cake Mix
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Cooking Spray
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- Pecans or Walnuts for topping
- In a large pot melt butter. Once butter is melted add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and ¾ cups carrot cake mix. Stir well until there is no more powdered mix visible.
- Stir in 6 cups rice krispies treats and mix well.
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray and carefully place the rice krispies mix into the pan. Smooth flat, and place in refrigerator to cool for a half hour.
- While the rice krispies are cooling mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until well incorporated using a hand-held mixer and/or KitchenAid stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Pull the carrot cake rice krispies out of the refrigerator, cut into 12 even squares. Place a generous helping of cream cheese mixture on top of the rice krispie treat and sprinkle with either pecans or walnuts.
- Carrot Cake Mix - the carrot cake mix is a store bought box mix that you will use for this recipe.
- Storage - Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Sharing over at Inside BruCrew Life