Happy National Rice Krispies Treats Day!
Yep, I know what you are thinking… there is a celebration for that too? Yes, and do you know what you do during this coveted day in the world of sweets? Make Rice Krispies treats and eat tons of them! Like, gorge yourself until you can no longer eat a single rice krispies treat!
I love carrot cake and have been dreaming up this recipe for quite a while. I knew I could make it work, and after a little investigating and realize that there was not one carrot cake rice krispies treat on the internet I knew I needed to create these. I kind of have a love affair with cream cheese frosting, and well…. why not top these already decadent rice krispies treats with cream cheese and a few chopped nuts for good measure?
Today is also a super special day… I’m making an appearance on The Daily Buzz for National Rice Krispies Treats Day. I’ll be introducing the nation to these beauties along with my Mint Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treats, Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats and a few other varieties! If you are one of the 170+ stations across the United States I hope you’ll tune in for my segment around 8:30 am.
Inspired by: Runs with Spatulas
Carrot Cake Rice Krispies Treats
- Stove Top
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 10.5 oz. Bag of Marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Carrot Cake Mix
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Cooking Spray
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- Pecans or Walnuts for topping
- In a large pot melt butter. Once butter is melted add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and ¾ cups carrot cake mix. Stir well until there is no more powdered mix visible.
- Stir in 6 cups rice krispies treats and mix well.
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray and carefully place the rice krispies mix into the pan. Smooth flat, and place in refrigerator to cool for a half hour.
- While the rice krispies are cooling mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until well incorporated using a hand-held mixer and/or KitchenAid stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Pull the carrot cake rice krispies out of the refrigerator, cut into 12 even squares. Place a generous helping of cream cheese mixture on top of the rice krispie treat and sprinkle with either pecans or walnuts.
- Carrot Cake Mix - the carrot cake mix is a store bought box mix that you will use for this recipe.
- Storage - Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Sharing over at Inside BruCrew Life
addie @ culicurious
what a fantastic idea! i love this idea 🙂
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies
I love this idea!–ooh, they sound and look SO good! Congratulations on the TV appearance too. That is so exciting! 😀
How original! Such a super fun combination!
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen
My family loves carrot cake and I can’t wait to surprise them with these! What a great combination and a beautiful picture as always Katie. 🙂
Thanks Carrie! I hope your family enjoys them as much as we did!
Cathy @ Noble Pig
Brilliant, we are big carrot cake eaters too!!
This is amazing, Katie…I love it. I want a few right now…wish we lived closer to each other!!!!
I know I wish we lived closer too although I think we would gain 100+ lbs feeding each other all the food we make!
These are too good Katie! I love carrot cake, what a perfect pair for a rice krispie!
Thanks Cassie! They are a dream come true!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life
This is pure genius girl!!! Love me some carrot cake!!! And in gooey rice krispies…I would be in heaven!!!
Awe thanks Jocelyn! That’s a huge compliment coming from someone who creates only the most amazing treats ever!!!
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel
Ooh this is a fun compromise I bet… My husband has been requesting carrot cake for a while but I just can’t bring myself to put veggies into a dessert ha. Love this twist on RK treats.
lol this is perfect then! I LOVE carrot cake–can’t get enough of it!
kristy @ the wicked noodle
I’m so sorry I missed your segment! I love these creative little treats – pinning for sure!
Thanks Kristy! I’ll have a copy of my segment on my YouTube Channel soon!
This is an addition to my new favorite recipe.
Thanks Michelle–if you love carrot cake you’ll love this recipe!
Setting my dvr for the Daily Buzz this morning! All those variations on rice krispies treats look great.
Thanks Suzanne for the support! I made 6 different varieties!