Looking to up your snack game? Try this quick recipe for cheesy taco popcorn by using taco seasoning and cheddar cheese powder to spice up your popcorn.
If you follow me on Instagram you know that we just closed on our new home last week. So I apologize for the lack of posting. I’ve been making this cheesy taco popcorn a lot lately. It’s been the perfect afternoon snack. Best of all you make it in under 5 minutes. It’s a perfect snack to make with a toddler. Ryder likes it too! I finally had the chance to photograph the recipe and I’m sharing a big bowl of my cheesy taco popcorn with you today.
I like using the brown paper bag method when popping popcorn. No harsh chemicals seeping into the popcorn and you can control the flavors. I love the Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shake. It’s so good and I tend to put the powdered cheddar cheese on just about everything. It’s dangerously good and especially on popcorn. I don’t know what it is but I love cheesy popcorn. And then add the taco seasoning on top of the popcorn and you have popcorn bliss! You know I love anything Mexican. So adding taco seasoning was genius on my end.
Cheesy Taco Popcorn
- Brown paper bag
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shake
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted. Set to the side.
- Place the popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag. Fold the brown paper bag 3 times and place the paper bag in the microwave. Pop for 2.5 minutes on high (or until popping begins to slow).
- Remove the popcorn from the microwave, carefully open the bag and pour the butter on top of popcorn. Then sprinkle cheddar cheese and taco seasoning over popcorn (alternating and shaking in between until gone). Shake well one last time and enjoy immediately.