Thank you Cost Plus World Market for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Get ready to transform your Thanksgiving Day leftovers with the most delicious and easy to make Chipotle Pumpkin Turkey Soup. Your family and guests will never even realize that they’re eating the same turkey and roasted vegetables from the day before. Best of all, this soup comes together in about 30 minutes time.
I partnered with my friends at Cost Plus World Market and they challenged me to come up with a Thanksgiving leftover recipe for their blog. As I browsed the food aisles at Cost Plus World Market I spotted this mix for Market Classics Soup Mix Chipotle Pumpkin Soup. I instantly knew it would make for the perfect base for my soup. I also picked up a bag of the World Market® Roasted and Salted Pipitas, Late July Tortilla Chips, and the cutest Ceramic Pumpkin Bakers. And of course no soup is complete with out a set of Daneli Soup Spoons and gorgeous cloth napkins. The Chipotle Pumpkin Turkey Soup is a nice mixture of creamy, hearty and spicy! And this soup has quite the toppings; fresh herbs, pepitas, and a drizzle of sour cream. The presentation of this soup is something in it’s own… spectacular!
This hearty creamy pot of soup is perfect for a cold winter day–especially with this cold snap we are all experiencing. My husband loved eating the soup with crunchy tortilla chips, where I enjoyed it with a piece of leftover cornbread. Either way–will work fine.If your looking to spice up your Thanksgiving Day leftovers and cut the chill in the air, then I invite you to make my recipe for Chipotle Pumpkin Turkey Soup.
Head on over to the Discover – A Blog By World Market® to get the full recipe: CLICK HERE!
Chipotle Pumpkin Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1 8.5 oz. package of Market Classics Soup Mix – Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
- 5 ½ cups cups water
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked turkey diced or shredded
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- ½ cup cooked and roasted carrots
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro minced + additional for garnish
- 5 green onions diced
- 1 cup World Market Roasted and Salted Pepitas divided
- ½ cup lowfat sour cream divided
- tortilla chips for serving
- Combine soup mix and water in a stock pot, mix to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes. Uncovered stirring occasionally.
- After the soup has cooked, add in the pumpkin puree, rinsed and drained black beans, and corn. Mix well then add in the cooked diced turkey, cooked butternut squash, and cooked roasted carrots. Mix well then add in the heavy cream and fresh cilantro. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide soup evenly among bowls. Place sour cream in a Ziploc bag and cut off a corner. Pipe in a circle on top of each bowl of soup. Top with additional minced fresh cilantro, diced green onions, and pepitas. Serve with tortilla chips.