Adapted From: Publix
|Cinnamon Raisin Stuffed French Toast||
- 8 slices of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar + more for dusting
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1-½ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- *Maple syrup if desired
- In a bowl combine yogurt, honey, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Whisk until well combined and fluffy.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, nutmeg, and vanilla; pour into large shallow dish.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes, then place butter and oil in pan. Quickly place 4 bread slices in egg mixture; turning quickly so that the bread is moist. Then carefully place bread in pan; cook 2–3 minutes on first side or until golden.
- Flip bread over, and spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over two (of the four) slices of cooked bread; cook 1–2 minutes or until golden. Assemble with one slice of each; remove from pan and cover to keep warm (or serve immediately). Repeat with remaining bread. Dust powder sugar on before serving. Serve with maple syrup if desired.