Coconut-Lime Berry Cake
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
|Coconut-Lime Berry Cake||
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking dish
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup packaged sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 3 tbsp amber orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and begin preparing your 9 x 13 inch baking dish by rubbing butter and flour in it.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut, and set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat butter and 1 cup sugar on high. *Remember to scrape down bowl as needed. Beat butter/sugar mixture until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Add eggs (one at a time) and beat until combined. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three increments, alternating with the buttermilk; beating until well combined. Fold in lime zest and lime juice, and pour batter into dish. Smooth the top with the back of a soft spatula.
- In a medium bowl, toss together 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, berries, and orange juice. Scatter berry mixture over the top of the batter. Bake until cake is golden at edges and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Refrigerate cooled cake for up to 5 days.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74