This post brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Katie’s Cucina.
Get ready for your new go-to summer side dish. We love grilling asparagus in our home. We also love all things bacon and ranch dressing. So when my friends at Hidden Valley Ranch contacted me and asked me to create a recipe using their new Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix I was up for the challenge to make a delicious side dish. I choose a side dish because I think that most people associate dressing with just salads. But dressings can be very versatile and I wanted all of you to see just that. I love the fact that this salad dressing is made with Greek Yogurt and milk. That’s it! I found the new dressing mix packets at my local Walmart. The packets are located in the salad dressing aisle right where you would normally find the traditional Hidden Valley Ranch packets. Just look for the new label that reads “new” and for “Greek”! Right now you can download a special Hidden Valley coupon to save on your next purchase. I stocked up so that I can enjoy Ranch Greek Yogurt dressing all summer long. So let’s get back to this recipe. First, you’ll want to make the Ranch Greek Dressing. This is so easy. All you need is a large bowl, your favorite Greek yogurt, and a little milk. Give it a good mix until it’s well incorporated and then set it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill. Once the Ranch Greek Yogurt is just about done chilling you’ll want to fire up the grill and get it very hot (mine was reading close to 400 degrees Fahrenheit). While the grill is preheating you will trim the ends off the asparagus and then rub a generous amount of olive oil all over the asparagus. This will help coat them and prevent them from burning (especially the tips). Then, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and pop these bad boys on the grill for 10 minutes, flipping in between. I lowered the heat on my grill to low and turned off the burner with the tips towards the last few minutes of cooking. The asparagus were cooked perfectly! Plate the asparagus, drizzle about a quarter cup over the dressing on top of the asparagus and then crumble one slice of crispy bacon on top. I seriously almost devoured the entire plate myself. And if your entertaining you could always precook the asparagus and serve them at room temperature.
Grilled Asparagus with Bacon Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cooked bacon strip crumbled
- In a large bowl mix together the Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix, milk, and Greek yogurt. Set in the refrigerator and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Cut the ends off the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the asparagus.
- Grill for 10 minutes flipping halfway through the cooking process. Remove from grill. Drizzle about a 1/4 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing on top of the asparagus spears. Crumble bacon on top, divide amongst 4 plates and enjoy.