Last week, I began dreaming up Mexican recipes. Thinking about classics and how I could re-invent them with a twist. That’s when it hit me… why not turn classic chicken fajitas into a kabob… and grill it?
My husband, is a fajita lover. Anytime we go to a Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant its almost certain he will order fajitas. When I told him what we were having for dinner he loved the idea! I simply placed the chicken and veggies into separate bowls and sprinkled my own Fajita Seasoning over the food and let them marinate for a few minutes; however, you could prepare this a day a head of time and let the veggies and chicken marinate over night.
I used sweet mini peppers and kept them whole since we love eating them grilled. I added whole mushrooms since he loves mushrooms and I simply had them on hand. This classic dish with a twist is sure to get your family and friends excited for Cinco de Mayo!
Source: Katie Original
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 16 mini sweet peppers
- 1 large white onion
- 12 whole white mushrooms
- ¼ cup Fajita Seasoning 1 packet or 1 batch of Katie's Cucina recipe
- 4 Tortillas
- Optional: Sour Cream and Guacamole
- Clean skinless boneless chicken breast and cut into 1-2 inch size pieces. Place in a bowl and set to the side. Quarter white onion, and wipe off white mushrooms and place in another bowl. Rinse mini sweet peppers and place in a third bowl then divide fajita seasoning among the 3 bowls. Mix well and marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Once veggies and chicken are done marinating begin skewering. For the purpose of the pictures I used 6-inch skewers but you can easily use 12-inch skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165.
- Once the skewers are done serve with tortillas, sour cream, and guacamole.