Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes #HalloweenTreatsWeek
Make your favorite little guys and ghouls a delectable breakfast of Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes. Top with Halloween sprinkles, eyeballs, and more!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Happy first day of #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I’m so excited to kick off the week with my Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes. I love to make my kids a spooky breakfast the days leading up to and on Halloween. These pancakes will sure to be a new family favorite and hopefully tradition! I used my go-to recipe for buttermilk pancakes, added some Adam’s Extract food coloring as well as sparkle gel, sprinkles, and candy eyeballs and these pancakes are full of monster goodness!
What supplies do you need to make Halloween Buttermilk Monster Pancakes?
For these Halloween pancakes you’ll need quite a few kitchen tools and ingredients. Here is a list of supplies.
- Adams Extract 4 Color Pack
- Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Monster Mash
- Dixie Crystals Fine Granulated Sugar
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Mixing bowl
- OXO Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Silicone spatula
- Frying pan
- Ice Cream Scoop
How do you make Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes?
Making these pancakes are very easy. Best of all you can make them the day before you want to serve and then reheat and top.
Pro tip: you want your top pancake to be on the cooler side when you go to top the pancakes or else you will end up with a blob of whipped cream.
Using a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add in the buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Mix for 30 seconds and all ingredients are blended.
Separate the batter into 3 bowls. Then, make orange, green, and purple batter (Purple: 20 drops red, 15 drops blue | Green: 20 drops Green 5 drops yellow | Orange: 40 drops yellow, 15 drops red).
Spray cooking spray in a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop and pour the batter into the pan.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until you start to see bubbles forming in the batter. Then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until brown and cooked through. Remove from griddle and repeat until all the batter is used.
Lastly, add the Wilton Candy Eyeballs on top. Repeat until all the pancakes are topped.
Can you freeze Pancakes?
The answer is yes! I actually almost always freeze my leftover pancakes! I store them between layers of parchment paper in a freezer safe bag or container.
How do you reheat frozen pancakes?
To reheat frozen pancakes is simple. Place the desired number of pancakes on a plate and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Flip the pancakes over and if they are still cool to touch then microwave an additional 30 seconds until hot.
Whether you simply love Halloween or hoping to start a new tradition in your home I hope you’ll give my Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes a try.
Halloween Monster Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystal's Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Adams 4 Color Pack (Red, Blue, Yellow, & Green)
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- Whipped Cream
- Sweets & Treats Sweet Sprinkles Mix: Monster Mash
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Dixie Crystal's Fine Granulated Sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add in the buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Mix for 30 seconds and all ingredients are blended.
- Separate the batter into 3 bowls. Then, make orange, green, and purple batter. See notes below on how much food coloring to put into each bowl.
- Spray cooking spray in a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Using an ice cream scoop, pour the batter into the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until you start to see bubbles forming in the batter. Then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until brown and cooked through. Remove from griddle and repeat until all the batter is used.
- Once the pancakes are all cooked, divide evenly among plates. Then drizzle the Wilton Black Sparkle Gel on top. Followed by whipped cream, Monster Mash sprinkles, and Wilton Candy Eyeballs. Repeat until all the pancakes are topped. Enjoy immediately.
Note: Here is the food dye ratio you will need for each colored pancake. Purple: 20 drops red, 15 drops blue | Green: 20 drops Green 5 drops yellow | Orange: 40 drops yellow, 15 drops red.
Katie Original Recipe
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74