Herb-Rubbed Chicken with Creamy Orzo
As soon as I found this recipe on Annie Eat’s I knew I wanted to try it. I don’t cook a lot with orzo and using Herbes de Provence was intriguing in its self! However, I did not have Herbes de Provence and I had been on a hunt for over a month trying to find it. I finally broke down and went to Whole Foods where I instantly found this specialty herb blend. Very happy I finally broke down and purchased it since now it gives me the opportunity to try new recipes.
My brother and dad came over for dinner, and I made this meal… a little nervous since I don’t like making new recipes while entertaining guests. However, this meal was absolutely delicious!!! I didn’t change much from the original recipe. Next time I would probably add an extra cup of broccoli, but that’s about it!
Prep: 5 minute
Total: 20-25 minutes
- 8 oz. orzo pasta, uncooked
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups broccoli
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2. Season both sides of the chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly with the Herbes de Provence. Heat the olive oil in a 12- or 14-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast halves to the pan and cook about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Reduce the heat to medium, push the chicken breasts to the sides of the skillet, and add the shallot to the pan sauté 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional minute, until fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes with juices and the broccoli florets to the pan, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer over medium-low. Cover and let cook until the broccoli florets are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the cooked orzo, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well blended and the cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Side suggestions: salad, bread
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74