The only thing Irish about this breakfast wrap is the homemade corned beef hash, but it’s also stuffed with eggs and homemade Russian sauce. If a Reuben sandwich had a breakfast baby it would be this wrap.
If you made corned beef and cabbage and find yourself with leftover corned beef it’s only natural to transform it into corned beef hash the next morning. But what happens when you have leftover corned beef? That’s where this Irish Breakfast Wrap comes in to play. I wrote this recipe in an effort to use the last of our leftovers. This has become one of my husbands favorite breakfast wraps the days after St. Patrick’s Day.
I recognize that this isn’t a traditional Irish Breakfast. Traditional Irish Breakfast has some of the following bacon and/or sausage, baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, and some type of cooked leftover potatoes made into a hash or a bubble and squeak. Of course like you find with most breakfast you will have toast, butter, marmalade, and lots of tea to drink. I included it in my Irish recipe repertoire despite it not being “traditional”.
Why this Recipe Works
Easy way to use up leftovers.
This wrap tastes just like a Reuben sandwich but in the breakfast form.
6 ingredients are all you need to make this wrap.
First, scramble eggs in a pan.
While eggs are cooking, re-heat leftover Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash.
Heat the flour tortilla wrap in a damp paper towel in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Smear one tablespoon of homemade Russian sauce on the wrap, then place the Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash, followed by the scrambled eggs, and top with shredded Swiss Cheese. Wrap like a burrito and enjoy immediately.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions when making a breakfast wrap.
No, you do not have to use homemade corned beef hash for this recipe, although it makes it extra delicious!
Yes, this Irish Breakfast Wrap recipe is very easy to duplicate. Simply double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe to make more wraps.
Yes, you can assemble these breakfast wraps and then freeze them in a freezer bag for up to 2 months. Then simply reheat until hot in the middle.
Irish Breakfast Recipes
If you are craving more Irish Breakfast Recipes I have a few more for you to try.
If you make this Irish Breakfast Wrap recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Irish Breakfast Wrap
- 1 Stove Top
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Leftover Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Russian Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Swiss Cheese shredded
- 1 Flour Tortilla
- Heat frying pan on the stove top on medium-high heat. Melt butter, and then scramble eggs in pan.
- While eggs are cooking, re-heat leftover Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash.
- Heat the flour tortilla wrap in a damp paper towel in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Smear one tablespoon of homemade Russian sauce on the wrap, then place the Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash, followed by the scrambled eggs, and top with shredded Swiss Cheese. Wrap like a burrito and enjoy immediately.
- Yield – This recipe yields one burrito, multiply ingredients to make ore then one burrito at a time.
- Corned Beef Hash – Any corned beef hash will do for this recipe.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!