Loaded Taco Baked Potatoes make for the perfect easy dinner for a busy weeknight. They are also a fun twist for Taco Tuesday!
If your like me you try to switch it out for your family when it comes to dinner time. Some weeks I’m just too busy or too exhausted to want to cook dinner. That’s when my batch cooking method comes handy. On the evening I made these Loaded Taco Baked Potatoes, I had leftover ground taco meat in the refrigerator. All I had to do was cook baked potatoes and reheat the ground beef then load each potato up with all the toppings. I think I even cooked extra baked potatoes to use as homefries for breakfast 1-2 days later! I love when I can cook a meal and turn it into another meal a few nights later! That’s the best way to maximizing time and energy to get dinner on the table.
My husband and I love a good loaded potato. It’s something I would make often when we were newlyweds. Mainly broccoli and cheese or bbq chicken stuffed potatoes. My kids were a little confused by our loaded taco potatoes. But once they had a few bites they were sold. They loved them and enjoyed the twist on our taco night.
What toppings can you use for stuffed taco potatoes?
The sky is really the limit when it comes to making these stuffed taco potatoes. Here are quite a few ideas on how to switch up your taco potatoes.
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
What kitchen tools do you need to make stuffed potatoes?
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen tools that you will need to make these potatoes.
Weeknight Mexican Recipes:
Here are a few more of my favorite weeknight Mexican recipes.
- Ground Beef and Bean Baked Tacos
- Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
- Sheet Pan Citrus Chicken Fajitas
- Green Enchilada Chicken Soup
If your looking for an easy weeknight meal and not your ordinary Mexican dinner. Definitely add my Loaded Taco Baked Potatoes to your dinner table.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on a link I will make a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
Loaded Taco Baked Potatoes
- 4 baked Potatoes cooked
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup salted butter divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream divided
- 1 cup cheese divided
- 2 plum tomatoes divided
- 2 avocados divided
- 4 green onions diced
- Place the ground beef in a skillet. Cook on medium heat, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon until small bite-size pieces are browned. Then add in the taco seasoning and water. Mix well, and remove from the heat.
- Carefully, open the warm potatoes using the tines of a fork. Then add in the salted butter, sour cream, ground beef, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and green onions. Place half an avocado on the side of each potato. Repeat until all potatoes are topped. Enjoy immediately.