Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 cups Cold Water
- 1 4inch piece of Konbu seaweed
- 4 tbsp Bonito Flakes
- 1/4 pound cubed soft tofu
- 2 tbsp Wakame seaweed
- 4 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Pour water into a 3 quart stock pot, put at medium heat.
2. Break off a 4-6 inch piece of Konbu seaweed and add it to the water. Simmer the konbu for 15 minutes, then remove from water and throw it away.
- Add bonito flakes to the water and simmer for 5 minutes. *If you prefer a more intense fish flavor simmer for 10-20 minutes. The longer you simmer the fishier the broth will taste.
- With a small mesh strainer remove the bonito flakes from the water and discard them.
- Add the tofu and wakame and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Take a cup of the simmering brother and add it to a bowl . Whisk in the miso paste until it dissolves.
- Once the miso paste has dissolved add the broth back into the pot and stir until it's fully incorporated.
- Keep the heat on low, add chopped scallions and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74