- 4 cups Water cold
- 1 4 inch Kombu seaweed
- 4 tbsp Bonito Flakes
- 1/4 pound soft tofu cubed
- 2 tbsp Wakame seaweed
- 4 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 scallions chopped
- Pour water into a 3 quart stock pot, put at medium heat.
- Break off a 4-6 inch piece of Kombu seaweed and add it to the water. Simmer the konbu for 15 minutes, then remove from water and throw it away.
- Add bonito flakes to the water and simmer for 5 minutes. *If you prefer a more intense fish flavor simmer for 10-20 minutes. The longer you simmer the fishier the broth will taste.
- With a small mesh strainer remove the bonito flakes from the water and discard them.
- Add the tofu and wakame and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Take a cup of the simmering brother and add it to a bowl . Whisk in the miso paste until it dissolves.
- Once the miso paste has dissolved add the broth back into the pot and stir until it's fully incorporated.
- Keep the heat on low, add chopped scallions and simmer on low for 5 minutes.