I like making a few of these a head of time and freezing them, defrosting, and cooking! I typically only purchase London Broil when they are on sale at Winn Dixie for BOGO or a Buy 1 get 2 free at Albertson’s. If I make them ahead of time I don’t add the broccoli, water chestnuts, or bamboo shoots until I’m cooking them.
Serving Suggestions: White Rice, Asian Salad, Spring Rolls, Miso Soup, Egg Drop Soup
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 Wok Pan
- 1 Stove Top
- 2 pound London Broil
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small can of water chestnuts drained
- 1 small can of bamboo shoots drained
- Trim fat from meat prior to cutting. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together beef strips, marmalade, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Let sit while you preheat the wok.
- Preheat a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add meat mixture to hot wok. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes. Add broccoli, drained water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots--cook for another 3-5 minutes with lid on (steam the vegetables).
- Once the beef and broccoli is done, divide among plates and enjoy.
- Gluten Free - Make this recipe gluten free by finding a gluten free Teriyaki sauce.
- Save Time - Save time by asking your butcher to cut the meat for you!