I like making a few of these a head of time and freezing them, defrosting, and cooking! I typically only purchase London Broil when they are on sale at Winn Dixie for BOGO or a Buy 1 get 2 free at Albertson’s. If I make them ahead of time I don’t add the broccoli, water chestnuts, or bamboo shoots until I’m cooking them.
Serving Suggestions: White Rice, Asian Salad, Spring Rolls, Miso Soup, Egg Drop Soup
- 1-2 lb London Broil
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small can of water chestnuts drained
- 1 small can of bamboo shoots drained
- Trim fat from meat prior to cutting. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together beef strips, marmalade, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and garlic.
- Preheat a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add meat mixture to hot wok. Stir-fry for 4 to 6 minutes. Add broccoli, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots--cook for another 3-5 minutes with lid on (so it can steam the vegetables).