Last year, I posted about how to oven roast cherry tomatoes. This recipe has been a huge hit. Since posting back in March of 2012 it has remained in my top 5 most searched and looked at recipes. I make these delectable tomatoes at least once a month. Remember, to oven roast takes time. Think low and slow. These are perfect to roast on a weekend afternoon when your doing laundry, cleaning the house, etc. That is at least when I typically roast them.
A few days after I slow roasted a pint of grape tomatoes my neighbor came over for an impromptu dinner. It just so happened to be her birthday. She had plans but decided to cancel last minute and we had invited her over to come pick up her present and enjoy a glass of wine. After I learned that she wasn’t going out to dinner that night I insisted she stay for dinner. I always make more than enough and the last thing I wanted her to do was eat dinner by herself on her birthday, of all days. So she stayed and I whipped up a quick appetizer to enjoy with our wine before dinner was ready. This was the quick appetizer I whipped up and it was a hit!
This is great for entertaining or eating as a quick lunch!
Katie Original Recipe
Oven-Roasted Grape Tomato Flatbread
- 1 Whole Wheat Flat-Out Wrap
- 5.2 oz Boursin Shallot & Chive Soft Cheese ¼ of package
- ¼ cup 6 Cheese Italian Blend
- ¼ cup Oven Roasted Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 basil leaves chiffonade cut
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- While the oven is warming up place whole wheat Flat-Out wrap on pizza pan. Then spread ¼ package of Boursin Shallot and Chive soft cheese on the wrap. Sprinkle with cheese and place oven roasted cherry tomatoes around the flat bread. Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle basil leaves on top of the flat bread.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.