I love pizza and I’m always looking for new recipes. I recently tried this at the Publix Apron’s counter. It was the recipe they were featuring that night. I fell in love with not only the taste but how easy it was to make! I immediately picked up all the ingredients and knew I would make it on a Friday night instead of going out to eat! When last Friday came around my recipe card was no where to be found. Luckily I had read the directions while I was in the store, so I had a pretty good idea of how to assemble and cook it! You can put any toppings that your heart desires on this pizza. If you like your pizza saucy you might want to have some sauce for the side–that was my husbands only complaint. other than that it was great!
Are you looking for a fun and easy pizza recipe? This recipe for a pizza bake is a great way to get your children in the kitchen. You use a non-conventional crust–refrigerated biscuits. Then top it with all the normal pizza toppings.
What pizza toppings go well together?
There are unlimited pizza toppings. Pretty much the sky is the limit, but I want to share a few of my favorite pizza bake toppings.
- Supreme: (as shown above) onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes, and pepperoni
- Meat lovers: sausage, pepperoni, ham, meatball
- BBQ Chicken: shreddeded bbq chcken,
- Hawaiian: Ham and pineapple
- Veggie Lovers: onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli
- Cheeseburger: ground beef, bacon, onion, cheddar cheese
- Buffalo Chicken: chicken, buffalo sauce, green onions, celery, bacon, bleu cheese crumbles, and ranch dressing
- 1 16.3 ounces refrigerated original biscuits
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp white onion diced
- 1 tbsp tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 9 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese grated
- red pepper flakes if desired
- Preheat the oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Place the biscuits in the baking dish (squish to make one even flat surface).
- Bake the biscuits for 5 minutes. Then, carefully remove from the oven and top the biscuits with pizza sauce followed by the mozzarella cheese. Layer with the pepperoni, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let the pizza bake cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.