This is my version of a similar recipe that Rachael Ray debuted back in 2006! This is a 2 pot meal and makes for a wonderful lunch the next day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 package of kielbasa
- 1 small can of sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots
- 3-4 red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp each of parsley flakes and dill
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- Ground pepper and dill for plating
- Wash and cut potatoes. Add carrots, then potatoes to a sauce pan and fill with water. Cook on high for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- While potatoes and carrots are cooking; cut kielbasa into bite size pieces, and place in a skillet. Cook on medium heat until brown on both sides.
- Dice onion and rinse sauerkraut. Push the kielbasa to the edge of the skillet and add the butter, onions, and sauerkraut.
- Place lid on and cook for a few minutes. In a bowl combine, mustard, paprika, and water. Mix together and pour over contents of the skillet.
- Drain potatoes and carrots. Push all the contents of the skillet to the sides, and put the other pat of butter in the skillet. Add potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with parsley flakes and dill. Let them brown for a minute or two and then mix all contents together. Cook with lid on for a few minutes so that all the flavors can marry!
- Plate and sprinkle with a little more dill and ground pepper.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74