I’m sure most of you have noticed by now that I’ve been making quite a few cupcakes this month. Some might wonder… what’s the occasion? While others are delighted to not only try the cupcakes but to receive new cupcake recipes! I wanted to challenge myself for the month of August and bake a new cupcake flavor each week. I choose to tackle the coveted Red Velvet simply because it’s my husband’s favorite cake flavor, and to celebrate my husband’s health (he’s been sick for quite a while now and finally got some good news)! I tried this recipe out of a great cupcake cookbook called; Cupcakes! lol… pretty simple title that has over 128 pages of cupcake treat recipes! I will admit that this is a good Red Velvet cupcake but not the best I’ve tasted, so I will stay on the hunt for the most amazing red velvet recipe known to man kind! But it’s still a worthy enough recipe to share with the world!
**Remember, don’t forget to enter the Boboli Prize Pack giveaway you have until Friday to enter HERE.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20-22 minutes
- 1-¼ cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 drops red food coloring (I think it needs way more than this)
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degree’s Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!