Cozy up and make this Sausage Potato & Green Bean Bake in one pan–it will warm your heart and home!
I’ve done it again. I have another delicious sausage bake for you to try. Four years ago, I shared my recipe for Italian Sausage Bake. It’s been one of my most popular recipes to date. I received numerous comments on this recipe and recently had a reader tell me she tried the recipe but modified it with other ingredients she had on hand. So I gave it a shot and oh my, was it delicious! So it only took me four years to finally share a new sausage bake recipe. This time it’s for my Sausage Potato & Green Bean Bake. You might think it’s an odd combo, but I promise you–it’s not and it’s so dang delicious! Both my husband and my toddler loved this meal–making it the ultimate family friendly Sunday dinner.
You’ll find quite a few staples from the original recipe like the sausage, potatoes, and grape tomatoes. That’s the heart of both recipes. I’ve removed a few of the other ingredients and subbed them out for baby bella mushrooms and green beans. Still the same cooking method; everything goes into one pan and bakes in the oven for an hour and a half. The juices from the sausage marinate the vegetables giving them an extra layer of flavor. If I have fresh spinach on hand I’ll place a layer of spinach on each plate then place the sausage and vegetables on top. The heat from the meat and veggies wilts the spinach giving additional veggies to the dish. If I don’t have it on hand I serve it as is. I always add a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top, but that’s also a preference thing.
This is the perfect hearty one pan wintertime meal. It not only warms your house but your soul too! Even better–since it’s one pan it equals very little to clean up afterwards!
Sausage Potato & Green Bean Bake
- 1 pint grape tomatoes red and yellow variet
- 1 pound honey gold potatoes quartered
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms stems removed
- 1 lb. green beans ends cut off
- 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 Mild Italian sausage links
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large baking dish, place the grape tomatoes, potatoes, baby bella mushrooms, green beans, and garlic. Pour olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Mix well until incorporated.
- Place the sausage links on top of the vegetables. Bake uncovered for 90 minutes, turning the sausage during the halfway point. Serve immediately and enjoy.