Once again, another recipe I found straight out of the newspaper! Super easy and very versatile. Sited directly from the newspaper article: “When the market starts to offer fresh, small spring vegetables, it’s time to make them the star of a meal.” The article suggests you can “Add cubes of chicken or turkey, if you like, and serve over pasta or rice.” That’s exactly what I did. I added cubes of chicken to my husbands and rice for both. Super hearty and easy to make on a busy weeknight!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch asparagus, cut diagonally in 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) thawed frozen artichoke hearts (or canned), cut in half
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) small white beans
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon or other herb, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan
2. Cook over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls with cheese on top.
Side Suggestions: Rice or Pasta *non vegetarian version add diced chicken or turkey