Sheet Pan Citrus Rock Shrimp Fajitas
Get ready to re-invent fajita night with my recipe for sheet pan citrus rock shrimp fajitas. One pan for an entire dinner!
There’s no denying that we love Mexican food in our home. You can bet at least one meal a week will be Mexican if not two. Especially when I’m pregnant, I crave it more than any other style meal around. I make fajitas at least 1-2 times a month. My husband loves them. Me on the other hand… it’s probably my least favorite Mexican meal–that is until I created this until I created this sheet pan citrus rock shrimp fajitas recipe.
You can prep the vegetables ahead of time making this an even quicker meal on a busy weeknight. Or take the 15 minutes to prep the vegetables right before dinner. The key is to evenly julienne slice the bell peppers and then to use the OXO handheld mandoline to slice the onions. My husband is not one for raw onions, so I knew I needed to slice the onion thinly. Thinly sliced onions will cook at the same rate as the bell peppers and rock shrimp; making it palatable. I toss all the vegetables and rock shrimp together in a bowl as well as fresh garlic, and the zest from an orange and lime as well as orange and lime juice and fajita seasoning! Give it a good toss and spread it on two sheet pans. You don’t want to overcrowd your sheet pan or you’ll have to increase the cooking time.
I choose rock shrimp because they were what was available at my seafood counter. Rock shrimp are a delicacy in my book and if you can get your hands on them–buy them and buy another pound or two to freeze! Rock shrimp are a specie of prawn that tastes very similar to lobster. So think of lobster in a small shrimp size. They are typically found in the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida rock shrimp season is typically in the summer months, so right now you’ll find rock shrimp fresh from Mexico. If your looking for a light and refreshing meal this winter–make my recipe for Sheet Pan Citrus Rock Shrimp Fajitas.
Sheet Pan Citrus Rock Shrimp FajitasPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb. rock shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 red bell pepper julienne sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper julienne sliced
- 1 green bell pepper julienne sliced
- 1/2 red onion julienne sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1/2 orange zested and juiced
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 20 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the rock shrimp, julienne sliced bell peppers and onions, and garlic together. Pour olive oil on top, sprinkle with fajita seasoning and add the zest and juice of the orange and lime. Mix well.
- Spread the shrimp, peppers, and onions on two baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. During the last few minutes of cooking place the corn tortillas in the oven to warm up.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74