Treat your family and yourself to an easy Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Autumn Chicken Dinner made in 30 minutes!
I’m on a roll with the sheet pan meals these days. I created this One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner a few months ago and since then I’ve made it every couple of weeks. It was a big winner in my home. Everyone enjoyed this and we had absolutely nothing leftover. The chicken was seasoned perfectly and cooked to perfection. The vegetables were tender and roasted with flavor. To top the meal off you make a 3-ingredient balsamic reduction using a good balsamic vinegar, honey, and Italian seasoning. The entire meal comes together from start to finish in 30 minutes. This is the most ideal recipe to make on a busy weeknight (or even weekend when you don’t feel like cooking).
My daughter is just shy of a year and I’m finding that she loves chicken. She can’t get enough of it. We use to only eat chicken 1-2 times a week and now I’m finding it’s becoming 3-4 times a week thanks to her. I am doing the baby LED weaning with her just as I did with my son. It took her a little longer to grasp on to the solid food concept, but once she did she really could careless about baby foods. I started off by making her baby food and then moved her to the pouch baby food. It’s convenient quick meal for her when we are out and about. Since she has a dairy allergy I’m extra cautious of letting her eat solid food while we are out. But when we are home–it’s game on. She loves ALL THE FOOD. And this meal is perfect for our family.
I love that she can enjoy the chicken and butternut squash roasted and the rest of us can enjoy all of the food plus the delicious balsamic glaze. I use to make a balsamic reduction all the time for various recipes and then stopped. So I was happy to introduce it to my toddler who is quite the adventurous eater. As long as a meal has “dip” he is a happy camper and he absolutely loved the sweet honey balsamic reduction. If you want to switch up your dinner time routine I hope you’ll give my Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Autumn Chicken Dinner recipe a try.
One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts sliced
- 1 lb. pre-diced butternut squash
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- Slice the ends off of the Brussels Sprouts and then cut in half. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place the Brussels sprouts on one side of the pan. Then, place the butternut squash on the other side of the pan. Drizzle the vegetables with one tablespoon olive oil and mix.
- Then place the chicken breast in parchment paper and flatten with a meat mallet until even in size. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Flip over and repeat and then sprinkle on one teaspoon of Italian seasoning between the two chicken breasts. Place the chicken breast in the empty part of the baking sheet and then drizzle with remaining one tablespoon olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven.
- While the chicken and vegetables are baking. Place the balsamic vinegar, honey, and the remaining Italian seasoning in a sauce pan. Mix well, and simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Then remove from the heat and let it thicken.
- Next, place the 1/4 cup of dried cranberries in a bowl and fill the bowl with water until just covered. Drain, and sprinkle over the brussels sprouts during the last 2 minutes of baking. Carefully remove the baking sheet, divide evenly among two plates and drizzle balsamic honey reduction on top of the chicken and vegetables and enjoy.