Asian Shrimp Tacos have a delicious sweet, spicy, and creamy flavor to them. A homemade peanut Asian coleslaw compliments seared shrimp and a secret star ingredient, cream cheese!
If you are looking for more delicious Asian-style recipes here are a few more of my favorites.
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Asian Sticky Drums
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Asian Style London Broil
Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos:
½ cup of Peanut Asian Coleslaw (see recipe below)
4 corn tortillas
¼ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 thin slices of cream cheese
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp ginger, freshly grated
dash of red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a bowl add sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix well then add the shrimp. Coat the shrimp well with this sauce.
2. Place a frying pan (or wok) on medium-high heat, and add one tablespoon of butter. Once the butter has melted add the shrimp to the pan. Saute until pink in color (about 5 minutes). Remove the shrimp from the heat. With the pan/wok turned off (but still hot) add one-by-one the corn tortillas. Cook for 15 seconds, flipping the corn tortilla and cooking for an additional 15 seconds. This will help you fold the tortilla with out it ripping and give it additional flavor! Repeat until all the shells have been cooked.
3. To assemble tacos: Place one thin strip of cream cheese in the center of the corn tortilla. Then place the coleslaw mixture followed by the shrimp.
Peanut Asian Coleslaw
- 1 (3-inch) piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 bag of shredded coleslaw
- ½ red pepper, Julienne sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
Add the ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, peanut butter, and a dash of red pepper flakes (if you like heat) to a food processor. Blend until smooth about 30 seconds.
Place the shredded coleslaw, julienne sliced red bell pepper, and shredded carrots into a large bowl. Then pour the sauce on top of the cabbage mixture. Mix until well coated. Top with honey roasted peanuts.