Get ready to give your taste buds a joy ride with this Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken. Perfect for tacos, burritos, or topped on a bed of rice!
My 1 year old loves chicken. If it were appropriate I would feed him chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But I know that he should really eat something other than chicken for breakfast. I wasn’t sure if he was going to like my Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken because it has a little spice to it. But boy was I wrong. This kid devoured it. I served the shredded chicken by itself to him. I could here him slurping up the sauce from the chicken. He loved it and kept signaling for more.
This recipe is so easy to put together. All you’ll need is four chicken breast and a jar of salsa verde. Once the chicken is done cooking in the slow cooker you’ll want to shred the chicken. Then add in whipped cream cheese into the salsa verde and mix it until all the cream cheese has melted. Place the shredded chicken back in the pot and then add in the chopped cilantro. Give it a good stir and dinner is ready!
I made tacos with the Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken. I kept it simple and just piled the tacos high with shredded cheddar cheese, and slices of avocado. Simple easy-to-make tacos that were packed full of flavor, and made for an ideal weeknight dinner. Other ways you can serve up this creamy salsa verde shredded chicken are in burritos, in quesadillas, or even served on a bed of rice. It’s so good I can eat spoonfuls of it without anything on it! Of course I always prefer it in a taco but I’m a taco kind of girl. I like to enjoy these tacos with a side of my bacon refried beans.
If your looking for an easy weeknight meal I challenge you to make my Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken and spice up your weekly menu plan!
Slow Cooker Creamy Green Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 10 oz. Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 12 taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 haas avocados sliced
- Pour 1 can of the mild green chile enchilada sauce into the slow cooker. Then place the chicken breast on top of the sauce and pour the additional can on top of the chicken breast. Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once the chicken breast are cooked, remove the chicken breast from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Before placing the chicken breast back in the slow cooker add the whipped cream cheese and cilantro. Mix until melted and fully incorporated. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Warm the flour tortillas in a microwave with a damp cloth draped over them for 30 seconds. Once tortillas are cooked, begin spooning shredded chicken on to taco shells. Divide avocado slices evenly, and enjoy.