I’ve got another buffalo chicken recipe for you today. This time it involves chips. Yes, I know… not something I would normally post, but let me tell you–when you run out of fries and then all of a sudden crave nachos… buffalo chicken nachos the next best thing would be to use a plain potato chip. Combine the same great flavors of buffalo chicken dip and smother it over chips, bake them, and enjoy–life can’t get any simpler. Whether you decide to eat this for lunch like me (hey, no judging) or an afternoon snack while you watch your favorite sporting event I guarantee the buffalo chicken lover in your life will love this.
I got the idea to make smothered chips after our recent trip up to New York City. We were eating at an Irish pub, and they had an Irish version of smothered chips with homemade potato chips. It was to die for. Lately, I’ve been able to do a little more spice and buffalo chicken sounded fantastic to me. So I combined the idea from the Irish pub with buffalo chicken, and out came Smothered Buffalo Chicken Chips. Best of all they are done from start to finish in 10 minutes. This recipe is for two, but you can easily double or triple it if you are serving this to a crowd! Then again, this was our lunch the other day–so maybe it would feed more?
Katie Original Recipe
Smothered Buffalo Chicken Chips
- 1 cup shredded pre-cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup bleu cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar divided
- ½ bag plain potato chips
- green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine chicken, buffalo sauce, bleu cheese, onion flakes, dried parsley, and a ¼ cup of the shredded cheddar. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet spread out the half bag of potato chips. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the shredded cheddar over the chips, followed by the chicken mixture and then the rest of the remaining shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy immediately.