This is a sponsored recipe on behalf of Pillsbury. As always all opinions are my own.
Start your day with some southern charm and make my delicious Southern Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches! If you’ve been reading Katie’s Cucina for a while now you know that my husband (and well my whole family) loves breakfast. After all, it is the most important meal of the day! He typically has some sort of breakfast sandwich every morning on his drive into the office.
Over the past year and a half I’m not always up/have energy/or available to make him fresh breakfast sandwiches. I recently started making batches of breakfast sandwiches and then freezing all but 1. Then he can reheat at a later date. He is happy and so am I knowing that he is well fed and of course I don’t have to get up to make him a sandwich! I always use Pillsbury Biscuits for his breakfast sandwiches! I’ll bake them on the weekend for a big sit down breakfast then after breakfast I’ll put together breakfast sandwiches for him to reheat throughout the week.
To make my Southern Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches you’ll first start by baking Pillsbury biscuits–follow the directions.
During the last few minutes of the biscuits baking you’ll want to take a biscuit cutter and cut the ham steaks. Use a sharp pairing knife to help any areas that might not cut all the way through.
Once the biscuits are out of the oven begin to fry the eggs one at a time. The morning I made the sandwiches I made 2 over easy eggs and the rest scrambled for freezing. Scrambled is a little less messier when eating on the go!
Next up, spread some pimento cheese spread on the biscuit. Then stack the ham steak and egg. That’s it! Your breakfast sandwich is complete!
Let’s talk about storing your breakfast sandwiches. I wrap them in aluminum foil then place in a freezer safe bag to prevent frost burn. We also found that consuming these sandwiches within a month of being in the freezer is best. He likes a little variety so he switches up which sandwiches he eats each morning.
After a bit of testing, we came to the conclusion that freezer breakfast sandwiches can still taste delicious. If you microwave while frozen on power 3 or 5 for a minute, then bump it to power 7/9 for 45 seconds it will cook perfectly. The biscuits will still be light and fluffy and the eggs and protein of choice will not be dried out and taste like rubber.
So if your entertaining for a crowd or just simply want to stock up your freezer with a few of these delicious Southern Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches this recipe is for you!
Southern Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits 16.3 oz
- 8 ham steaks
- 8 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pimento cheese spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place biscuits 1 to 2 inches apart on unreleased cookie sheet. Bake for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- While biscuits cook cut ham steaks to the size of the biscuits. Heat them in a frying pan until warm (if consuming right away for breakfast).
- Once biscuits are removed from the oven begin to fry eggs individually for breakfast sandwich until all eggs are made (salt and pepper to taste).
- Spread pimento cheese spread on cooked biscuits. Stack one ham steak on the bottom of the biscuit followed by one egg. Repeat until all 8 biscuits are made. Enjoy immediately or see notes for freezing and reheating instructions!