Steaks with Mushroom SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 steaks about 1 lb. each
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Merlot
- Heat oven to 350 F. Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Season steaks with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Add steak; sear to brown one side, 2 minutes. Turn; brown other side, 2 minutes.
- Remove to shallow roasting pan; place in oven. Roast until desired doneness, 7 minutes for rare.
- Lower heat to medium-high; add onions to same skillet. Cook, stirring, over high heat 4 minutes. Add garlic and remaining salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add wine; heat to boil. Cook, stirring up bits on bottom of skillet, to reduce, 5 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Remove steaks from the over, plate, and spoon mushrooms and sauce over steaks.