Melt bacon fat in a cast iron skillet. Then, add in the leeks. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
Preheat broiler on high.
Add corned beef, carrots, and potatoes. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Mix again then add in the dill and smoked paprika. Mix and cook for an additional 5 minutes (mixing every other minute to prevent burning/sticking).
Once the broiler is preheated, make two holes in the skillet. Add a teaspoon of oil to each hole then add an egg to each hole. Place cast iron skillet under the broiler for at least one minute or until the eggs are done to your liking.
Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Divided evenly among plates. Enjoy.
- Skillet - Make sure you use a skillet that is oven safe. I love my cast iron Le Creuset skillet.
- Potatoes - The diced pre-cooked refrigerated potatoes make this recipe cook quickly.
- Vegetables - I have a few vegetables in this recipes that elevate the dish.
- Carrots - I love using leftover carrots from my corned beef dinner if I have them on hand.
- Leeks - If you don't have fresh leeks on hand you can add caramelized onions instead.
Serving: 1c | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3358IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg