In a 6 quart Instant Pot place the peeled and chopped carrots, celery, and onions in the pot. Then add the chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour the water on top. Make sure you do not over fill your Instant Pot.
Set the Instant Pot on "soup" mode and cook for 35 minutes. Once the Instant Pot is done cooking let it naturally release pressure for 30 minutes.
While the soup naturally releases pressure cook the fine egg noodles on the stove top per packaging instructions. Set to the side until soup is ready.
Carefully release the remaining pressure and open the lid. Place a strainer set in a large bowl on the side. Using a large slotted spoon begin scooping out the chicken pieces one at a time. Then carefully pull the chicken off the bone. Repeat until all the chicken has been removed from the soup.
Place all the shredded chicken back in the pot of soup. Stir in the parsley, ladle soup and noodles into bowls and enjoy.
- 8-piece Chicken - I've found over the years it is so much easier to fish out smaller pieces of chicken then attempt to remove a whole chicken, then remove all the meat from the carcass.
- Removing the chicken - I like to run my slotted through the spoon a few extra times to ensure I got all the bones and chicken fat out of the soup. You'll also want to keep as many vegetables in your soup as possible. *I like to set the pulled chicken in a separate bowl and then stir in all the chicken at once.
- Noodles - I learned from my mother in-law that you never cook the noodles in your soup. She taught me to cook them on the side so you have more delicious broth to slurp up. That's why you'll see in my recipe that I cook the noodles on the side.
- Homemade Stock - No need for boxed stock here because you will be making your own stock by boiling down the chicken and cooking the vegetables. The vegetables will be fork tender and perfect for soup.
- Gluten Free / Dairy Free - Technically--this soup is gluten free if you don't cook the noodles in with your soup base (which I advise against doing). You an use any gluten free noodle you would like for this recipe.
- Cooked Noodles in Instant Pot - I haven't tested it, but you could cook the noodles in with your soup. Just set your Instant Pot for 1 minute on manual and release the pressure as soon as it's done. However, just know that you will loose quite a bit of broth.
- Stove Top Chicken Soup - See the body of the post for the stove top directions.
- Calories - The calories for this recipe calculate the egg noodles included with the soup. If you do not include the egg noodles the calories drop significantly. As always, calories are a rough estimation and are not exact.
Calories: 926kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 282mg | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 1010mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 13381IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 4mg