How to Make Turkey Stock
Don't waste the turkey carcass instead boil it down and learn how to make the most delicious and flavorful turkey stock!
Servings 12 cups
- 1 turkey carcass for the purpose of this recipe I used a 6.5lb turkey breast
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion quartered
- ½ cup of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- 8 Sage leaves on stem
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 cups water
Place the turkey carcass, veggies, herbs, and salt and pepper in a large stock pot. Pour 16 cups of water into the stock pot.
Bring to a boil on high for about 10 minutes then reduce to low and let simmer for 2 hours (or longer).
Strain the stock over a mesh strainer into a large bowl. Use stock immediately or freeze for another day.
Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1482IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg