Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Trim any excess fat you might not want. Then place in a ziplock gallon-size bag. Place one tablespoon grapeseed oil in the bag coating the chicken as well as one tablespoon fajita seasoning. Seal bag and mix with hands to ensure the seasoning is coated all over chicken. Place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
Place sliced bell peppers and red onion in another ziplock gallon-size bag. Place the remaining one tablespoon grapeseed oil and fajita seasoning in the bag. Seal and mix well.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Clean grill. Once the grill reaches 450 degrees.
Spray cooking spray over a vegetable basket then place the vegetables in the basket/tray. Reduce heat to low. Place the chicken on the other side of the grill and lower the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes then flip chicken. Make sure you stir veggies every 5 minutes to ensure they cook evenly and do not burn. Cook chicken additional 10 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer to check the intertnal temperature of the chicken. Chicken should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
During the last two minutes of cooking place tortillas in aluminum foil. Place on the top rack of the grill with lid closed. Remove chicken from the grill. Let rest 2-4 minutes. Then slice chicken, place on a platter or in a large bowl with vegetables. Remove tortillas off the grill and serve dinner.
- To make these gluten free, use corn tortillas.
- Topping ideas for fajitas: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, avocado, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, pickled jalapeno, etc.
- Feel free to prep the chicken and peppers and onions up to one day in advance. Follow steps 1-2 and refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
- You do not need to marinate the chicken prior to cooking, but using the fajita marinade will yield much more flavorful chicken.
- Use a grill pan to grill the peppers and onions, so they don't fall in the bottom of the grill.
Serving: 1c | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2174IU | Vitamin C: 158mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg