Mix salsa, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Add chicken to the slow cooker and mix sauce (make sure the sauce is covering the top of the chicken breast).
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker, and place in a bowl. Shred chicken with two forks. Once shredded ladle sauce on top or dump shredded chicken back in the slow cooker to mix with sauce.
- Dairy Free / Gluten Free - You can omit the sour cream and can of cream of chicken soup if you want to make this dairy free. It will taste very similar to my Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe.
- Low vs High - Whenever you are cooking in the slow cooker you can easily change the cooking time and heat frequency. For this recipe it calls to cook the chicken on low for 8 hours. For a quicker meal you can make it on high for 4 hours.
- Shred Chicken - Hate shredding chicken? If you own a KitchenAid stand mixer you can place it in the mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Place the mixer on "STIR" setting for about 30 seconds until chicken breast are shredded!
- Use - This is great to use for chicken tacos, enchilada's, burrito's, soups, salads, or just serve the shredded chicken as is. I can't wait to make this again, and highly recommend this to anyone who loves shredded flavorful chicken.
- Freeze - If you have leftovers you can freeze the shredded chicken for another easy meal. Simply let the chicken come to room temperature. Place salsa chicken in a freezer Ziploc bag. Make sure you add extra sauce to the bag so you can heat it up at a later date. Always label the bag with the recipe name and date. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw - Place the frozen bag of salsa chicken in the refrigerator 24 hours before wanting to enjoy. Cook in a skillet (add a little bit of water if necessary) on medium heat until hot and bubbly.
Serving: 0.25c | Calories: 1001kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 84g | Fat: 70g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 339mg | Sodium: 700mg | Potassium: 936mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 864IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg