Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, beat eggs with whole milk, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Then add the cubed ham, bread, and cheese to the egg mixture. Mix well.
Spray an oven-proof 9x9 glass casserole dish with cooking spray. Then pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into squares, and serve immediately.
- Less Bread - For a less thicker version of this casserole you can use less bread and reduce it down to only 3 slices.
- Bread Substitutes - I have also used leftover biscuits and chopped them up. Overall, you want to aim for 2 cups of bread. I have not tested this recipe with gluten free breads.
- Eggs - Want a thicker egg bake? Add 2-4 more eggs to the mix.
- Liquid Eggs - If you don't have whole eggs on hand and only have the box of liquid eggs you can use 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons to equal the 6 whole eggs.
- Gluten Free - Make this recipe gluten free by either substituting with gluten free bread or omit the bread all together. If you are omitting the bread I would double the amount of eggs for a thick and fluffy breakfast casserole.
Serving: 1c | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 303mg | Sodium: 1181mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Calcium: 318mg | Iron: 2mg