Homemade Breakfast Syrup
Did you run out of breakfast syrup again? Don’t fear–make your own Homemade Breakfast Syrup in about 10 minutes using basic pantry and refrigerated items.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Melt butter in saucepan on high heat, then add in the white granulated sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk, vanilla extract corn syrup and ground cinnamon. Whisk until well incorporated.
Reduce heat to medium and continue to whisk on occasion. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully pour into a glass container. Use warm and serve with your favorite breakfast items.
- Yield - This recipe yields about 2-½ cups.
- Nutrition - Servings are calculated by ¼ cup servings and can vary depending on the ingredients you use.
- Storing - If you have leftover syrup you can place the remaining syrup in an airtight container stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Serving: 0.25c | Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 142g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 142g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1mg