Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit with the oven rack placed all the way to the bottom of the oven.
Mix all of the spices together in with the softened butter. Mix well to form an herb butter. Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels.
Spray the roaster with rack with non-stick cooking spray (the metal rack portion). Place turkey breast on the roasting rack. Place half the butter underneath the skin. Slather the remaining butter on the outside of the turkey breast.
Pour the water in the bottom of the roasting pan.
Place the turkey breast in the oven and cook for 2 hours (uncovered) or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Let the turkey rest for at least 15 minutes; slice and serve.
For the Gravy
Heat the butter on high in a sauce pan. Once the butter is golden in color pour the pan drippings into the sauce pan. Let it cook for 1 minute on high. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
In a measuring cup mix together the turkey broth and cornstarch. Whisk in the broth to the sauce pan. Whisking until thick and golden.
- Turkey breast cooking time - Low and slow is the trick. You can roast your turkey breast between 325 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Whatever size turkey breast you select just know it should take about 20 minutes per pound to cook.
- Brine - For a moist and flavorful turkey breast you'll want to plan ahead and make a brine for your turkey.
- Basting - I actually don't baste my turkey! Maybe once if that. If you brine your turkey you shouldn't need to baste your turkey! Instead, I add water to the bottom of the roasting pan that keeps the turkey moist.
- Carving - I use an electric carving knife to carve my turkey. I bought it solely for turkey breast, prime rib, and roast beef!
- Homemade Gravy - By adding water to the bottom of the roasting pan you will yield more pan drippings. I use this paired with butter and additional turkey stock to make an additional pan gravy. But if you don't want all the hassle, most of the times your turkey breast will come with a pouch or two of gravy concentrate.
Serving: 16oz | Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 106g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 305mg | Sodium: 1424mg | Potassium: 1236mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg