Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fareneheit.
While oven preheats melt 2 tablespoons butter. In a large bowl, pour the melted butter into the crushed Ritz® Butter Crackers, sprinkle in the black pepper, paprika, and lemon zest. Mix well.
Spray a glass 9x12 baking dish with cooking spray. Place the cod on the baking dish and carefully add the cracker topping.
Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Remove the fish from the oven. Squeeze half the lemon juice over top the fish, and garnish with fresh parsley and green onions. Serve with an additional lemon wedge.
- Sides: A few fantastic sides that pair great with crispy baked cod...
- French fries for a fish & chips meal
- Other potato-based sides like mashed potatoes or baby potatoes
- Carrot or cucumber dishes or salads
- Rice dishes (especially riced cauliflower or lemon rice—so good!)
- Roasted asparagus
- How to know when the fish is done: Really pay attention to that “flakes easily with a fork” step in the directions. If you’re still not sure, the breading on the fish will also turn a delicious-looking golden brown color!
- Using leftovers:
- Throw them in a taco shell with your favorite Mexican toppings for scrumptious cod-based fish tacos, or…
- Use them in fish sandwiches with a dash of mayo.
- Meat substitutions: haddock should work just as well in this recipe over cod, especially since haddock is sometimes sold as cod.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 468mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg