Preheat the Air Fryer to 370 degrees.
While the Air Fryer preheats. Whisk the two eggs into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish pour the Italian Bread Crumbs.
Pat dry the chicken tenderloins. Place them in the egg mixture. Sprinkle the salt and black pepper on the chicken. Make sure the chicken tenderloins are covered in the egg.
Dredge each chicken tenderloin in the bread crumbs until completely covered.
Using cooking spray, spray 2 mesh wire racks (or basket). Carefully, place each breaded chicken tenderloins onto the racks. Once all the chicken is on the racks, lightly spray the olive oil on top of the chicken strips.
Place the racks in the Air Fryer. Set the timer for 14 minutes. Turn the tenders halfway through cooking. Once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit remove from the Air Fryer. Serve immediately.
- Air Fryer - Air Fryer used for this recipe is the PowerXL Vortex. I have not tested this recipe in a basket style Air Fryer. Times may vary.
- Chicken Nuggets - You can turn this recipe into nuggets by cutting the tenderloins into 1-inch pieces. Your cooking time may be less, check the nuggets at the 10 minute mark. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Substitutions: Here are a few substitutions you can make depending on your dietary needs.
- Gluten Free - Use gluten free bread crumbs.
- Dairy Free - Use plain bread crumbs and add 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning to the bread crumbs. Most Italian Style bread crumbs contain cheese which does not make them dairy free.
Serving: 2oz. | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 854mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg