Slow Cooker Boozy Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Entertain this winter with an easy and no-fuss recipe for slow cooker boozy peppermint hot cocoa. Rich hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps. This is the ultimate adult hot cocoa recipe.
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 11 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 8 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Peppermint Schnapps divided
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Whipped Cream
- Andes Chopped Peppermint Baking Chips
Turn the slow cooker on low. Add in the sweetened condensed milk with the milk chocolate chips, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, salt, and peppermint extract.
Mix until the chocolate chips are melted, then add in the milk. Stir until mostly incorporated and the milk is a light brown color.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 1.5 hours.
Mix a few times during the cooking process to make sure the chocolate chips are fully melted and incorporated into the dairy mixture.
Once hot, mix well and ladle peppermint hot cocoa into cups. Add 1-2 ounces peppermint schnapps to each adult mug.
Garnish with a layer of mini marshmallows, whipped cream and chopped Andes chopped peppermint baking chips on top.
- If children are not enjoying the hot chocolate you can add the peppermint schnapps directly to the slow cooker.
- For a less sweeter cocoa leave out the granulated sugar.
Serving: 8oz. | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 288mg | Iron: 1mg